Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Uploading torrent to Etree problem  (Read 27311 times)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Uploading torrent to Etree problem
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 11:34:17 AM »
Has there ever been talk of anyone taking over the reins of BT?

Congrats on your new position as Head Hondcho at BT.ETREE.  Thanks for volunteering!

Let us know how it all goes...   :laugh:

Terry

Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline mgoldey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »
Has there ever been talk of anyone taking over the reins of BT?

Attempts to create change at bt.etree usually result in the "Server Team" digging their heads out of their loins for a little while, making ridiculous accusations and destroying whatever change was made, and maybe deleting db.etree's DNS entry or e-mail services or some other petty act of vandalism before sinking back into cyberspace until the entire etree.org domain registration expires or something else demands their attention. 

Trey, who does maintain bt.etree and who has the necessary information to restore the login, is evidently busy somewhere with something.  A real job, like Terry said.  The login will get fixed.  Just don't ask me when.  Bottom line is that security updates cannot wait, particularly when someone reaches out and shows you that there's a problem. 

Maybe this is a good time to explore the back catalog of 25,000 old torrents that claim to have a seeder but really don't?   Oh, wait, that's one of the underlying problems, isn't it?  Never mind.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Uploading torrent to Etree problem
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2018, 12:58:38 PM »
I heard from Trey. Trey is aware of the issue and will get things straightened out as soon as possible. Real life is currently preventing a more timely response, which is understandable.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »
I heard from Trey. Trey is aware of the issue and will get things straightened out as soon as possible. Real life is currently preventing a more timely response, which is understandable.

Great news Rory.   :coolguy:

I've been peeping at the RIP thread here, hoping not to see any bad news about bt.etree..
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline cmstewart

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »
Forgive me for not knowing a thing about anything in this world. I am new and ignorant. Hence why I keep asking for help.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 08:04:04 PM »
Forgive me for not knowing a thing about anything in this world. I am new and ignorant. Hence why I keep asking for help.

Take a deep breath.

I don't think the etree support told you to f-off and nobody said you were ignorant. It seems to me you overreacted to them asking if the accounts were real. Legit question - why would someone need more than one? (other than the new one you created since you couldn't log in - I know others have done the same thing this week.) I don't think he meant you weren't a real person.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline stober

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »
Wondered what was up. I uploaded a couple shows earlier and noticed they haven’t appeared yet. Then I noticed noting has been added since 8/22 so I figured it was a server problem on their end.

Offline cmstewart

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 09:10:19 PM »

Take a deep breath.

I don't think the etree support told you to f-off and nobody said you were ignorant. It seems to me you overreacted to them asking if the accounts were real. Legit question - why would someone need more than one? (other than the new one you created since you couldn't log in - I know others have done the same thing this week.) I don't think he meant you weren't a real person.

I said ignorant. The overreaction is true too. Maybe it was totally wrong but to me the response didn't make sense. I don't know how the email address I sent them could come up as invalid. I was emailing them with it. If it happened that my accounts were linked to a different invalid email, how did they know what usernames were mine. I didn't get that. I expected if I made a mistake, they would want to help me correct it. Or if there was a mistake on their end they would let me know it's being worked on. But the question of whether "my account was even real" did make me wonder how they would arrive at that question, and ask it to me that way. They were my only source of help to get back into my account. And the accusation felt pretty hopeless. Anyway, I really don't know anything and wish I could forget t all.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 10:30:46 PM »
MGoldey isn't going to win any awards for pretty language any time soon.  You aren't the first around here to find his style "abrasive"...

But he does a lot to manage ETREE and is a huge part of the community, even if we don't actually ever see him.

Don't take it personally and just laugh it off as stupid internet miscommunications...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline stober

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »
I think this is the longest it’s ever been down. A week ago today!

Offline georgeh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »
...just got linked to this thread, still down.
I travel a lot for work and just try to upload when home, trying to up some summer shows. They can wait.
Odd, I couldn't find this thread on bt forum, except some comments on not being able to log in, with no responses I could see from the "volunteers"
that mod site. Not saying they didn't, and like hear, just couldn't find responses.
microtech gefell sms 2000, MG 21 & 20 & 27 caps >
M148 (with new ext battery) > acm P2 (2 of them)
Nbob active cables / PFA, Nbox Platinum

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »
I wonder if we have just witnessed the inevitable death of ETREE...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline stober

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »
Hope not.. but I’ve been thinking the same thing...

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
could be a blessing in disguise, stand up a new one with some of the issues worked out from previous versions?  i am talking entirely outta turn, but one can dream?

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »
There is certainly an opportunity for someone to fill the vacuum.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com