Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Easiest to use recorder for non technically inclined  (Read 2432 times)

Offline 12milluz

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection Member
Easiest to use recorder for non technically inclined
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
My grandfather is an avid organ player and wants me to find him a replacement to his old casette recorder to record himself. I have a Tascam DR-07 and am thinking of just selling it to him (then buy myself an M10 ;D). He's looking for a recorder at $100 or less (I know mega low budget) but I want it to be easy to use. I think the Tascam is pretty easy to use but do you guys know of anything simpler? I don't want him to get confused with it. He uses a computer and all but isn't too tech savy (I have to show him a lot of things on the computer, DVD player, digital camera, etc but he does use them)
Audio-Technica AT853(c), Audio-Technica AT825>Naiant Littlebox>Sony PCM-M10

Offline dogmusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Easiest to use recorder for non technically inclined
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 11:22:04 AM »
My grandfather is an avid organ player and wants me to find him a replacement to his old casette recorder to record himself. I have a Tascam DR-07 and am thinking of just selling it to him (then buy myself an M10 ;D). He's looking for a recorder at $100 or less (I know mega low budget) but I want it to be easy to use. I think the Tascam is pretty easy to use but do you guys know of anything simpler? I don't want him to get confused with it. He uses a computer and all but isn't too tech savy (I have to show him a lot of things on the computer, DVD player, digital camera, etc but he does use them)

I would agree with your choice. The Tascam DR-07 is really easy to use and makes surprisingly pleasing recordings.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline Ozpeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Easiest to use recorder for non technically inclined
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
Or Zoom H1 - the menu free interface might be a recommendation.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com