Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Creative Nomad JB3 or Zen?  (Read 1839 times)

Offline zephyr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Creative Nomad JB3 or Zen?
« on: September 02, 2004, 10:17:35 PM »
I'm looking to get away from MD recording and investing in a new set-up.  I was able to 'piggy back' off of someone using a JB3 set-up and learned a little about it.  While searching for 1 online, I came across a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40GB unit.  Is this comparable? same? better?
I'm also hoping to pick up a pre-amp and mics - some input would be greatly appreciated.  Currently I plug in through the sound board or through someone's line out.  The music I record is typically jambands - either at outdoor festivals or in bars/theatres.  Bands like String Cheese Incident, Grateful Dead, The Slip, Moe, Disco Biscuits are some examples.  Any advice on mics and a pre-amp would be great.

Cheers,
Mike

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
Re: Creative Nomad JB3 or Zen?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 10:42:13 PM »
Get a NJB3............the ZEN does not have a optical line in to record with.
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline Rand0mRoll77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 12:46:22 AM »
creative really needs to make a new smaller mp3/wav player/recorder with all the same options as the jb3 and more

its been 2+ years since the jb3 was released, my only complaint is the bulkyness, otherwise i love it

i got an fm transmitter so i bring it with me everywhere and can wirelessly transmit my music onto any fm radio

for those who have jb3s i suggest you get the digiana fm transmitter from mp3playerstore.com, it is better quality than cassette adapters in cars and you can use it on any radio, the range is also better than the ones at best buy, i can play it in my bedroom and it will play in every room in my house...it can also transmit OVER radio stations for about 30 feet, i always fucki with people when they are liistening to the radio and take it over with my nomad

i can go in restaurants and if i know what station they are playing i can turn my transmitter on and take over....it gets even funner if you bring your mics with you and start talking over peoples radios

Offline keepongoin

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 07:43:42 AM »
with a laptop hdd in the JB3, I doubt that they can make it any smaller.  the card-based units are OK, but I still have my doubts about the reliability of the memory cards that hold enough to record shows with.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 08:08:18 AM »
with a laptop hdd in the JB3, I doubt that they can make it any smaller.  the card-based units are OK, but I still have my doubts about the reliability of the memory cards that hold enough to record shows with.

They could use the 1/8" drives that the iPod uses.  That would significantly reduce its size.  Plus they get up to 80 gigs now...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline keepongoin

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 08:51:28 AM »
that sounds like it could work.

i don't really expect that they are going to come out with anything new that has digital input.  the market seems to like tiny things that play mp3s and can hold "one billion songs," whatever that means to anyone...
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com