Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: boosting gain w/pre after recording  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Napo

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: boosting gain w/pre after recording
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »
It just takes a while to learn and play with it. Just make sure you've got a very detailed playback setup, and always remember, less is better. Sometimes I leave what I can tell is an issue, just so I don't create a new issue by having a heavy hand in it.

Very true. I tried several times to eliminate coughing but most of the time I ended up worse off, eliminating sound as well.
CA-11's>CA-9200>M10

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
It just takes a while to learn and play with it. Just make sure you've got a very detailed playback setup, and always remember, less is better. Sometimes I leave what I can tell is an issue, just so I don't create a new issue by having a heavy hand in it.

Very true. I tried several times to eliminate coughing but most of the time I ended up worse off, eliminating sound as well.

For something like that, I use RX's spectral selector and then either use a straight gain adjustment (on just that selection) or something similar. I've reduced people who whistled after every song and stood next to me that way. Its a handy little tool if you've got the time to learn how to use it well.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »

Have you tried throwing cough drops at the problem?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com