Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: External Battery for Samson Mixpad  (Read 3191 times)

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
External Battery for Samson Mixpad
« on: August 02, 2003, 03:41:09 PM »
Wondering if this could be done.  I requires 15V.  

DaryanLenz

Re:External Battery for Samson Mixpad
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 04:22:28 PM »
HMM...it would be a big ass battery, but it could be done.  Maybe two small nimh 12volts in parrallel with a voltage regulator?  Doesn't it run on internal 9v's or something?  If so, why not just use rechargeables?

Daryan

DaryanLenz

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 04:34:24 PM »
I found an option for you...the electrofuel powerpad that they make for laptops runs on 15 volts!  It's rather pricey though

Daryan

DaryanLenz

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »
http://www.fixup.net/tips/battery/battery.htm
http://www.abestmall.com/pc/battery-high-cap-160wh-15v-11ah.shtml

Hope this helps.  Both of these types of things look doable, but I still like the regulator idea the best I think.  I can help you build it sometime if you do it while I am still here.  I would also check to see if it will run off of 12v's like most 15v requiring lappy's do!

Daryan

Offline Swampy

• You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 04:47:32 PM »
I think that rechargable 9vts are the way to go with the Mixpad...

Offline super-phat-al

• I am a real American
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 06:23:58 PM »
Yeah, i know the 9v rechargeables are what i really should be looking at, but im also looking for a challenge.  Just wondering if there was another way around doing.  Thanks for the link """D""".  Checking it out now.

Offline super-phat-al

• I am a real American
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2003, 06:25:59 PM »
Where do i get the 5 pin cable to connect it?

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 06:09:52 PM »
Buy a 9v battery teminal from Rat Shack (you know the plastic deally with the wires and attachment for a standard 9v battery).  It will fit backwards on the 9v terminal inside the battery compartment.  You will now have a red and black wire sticking out that will give you a 9v input.  Now just wire a 9.6v RC car battery female plug to the wires remembering that the red and black wires coming out of the unit are reversed.  So the red wire of the female 9.6v RC car battery plug will go to the black wire sticking out and the black wire of the RC battery plug will go to the red wire sticking out.  Also you could just cut the Battery plug off the Mix Pad and wire the RC female battery plug directly to the unit.  In this case it would go red to red and black to black (that is if the wires on the Mixpad are colored).  I hope this is clear.  All you are doing is using 9v input that is already there and you can use RC car batteries which will outlast any other recargeable or disposable battery there is.
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 01:32:46 AM »
Buy a 9v battery teminal from Rat Shack (you know the plastic deally with the wires and attachment for a standard 9v battery).  It will fit backwards on the 9v terminal inside the battery compartment.  You will now have a red and black wire sticking out that will give you a 9v input.  Now just wire a 9.6v RC car battery female plug to the wires remembering that the red and black wires coming out of the unit are reversed.  So the red wire of the female 9.6v RC car battery plug will go to the black wire sticking out and the black wire of the RC battery plug will go to the red wire sticking out.  Also you could just cut the Battery plug off the Mix Pad and wire the RC female battery plug directly to the unit.  In this case it would go red to red and black to black (that is if the wires on the Mixpad are colored).  I hope this is clear.  All you are doing is using 9v input that is already there and you can use RC car batteries which will outlast any other recargeable or disposable battery there is.

You think the "internal" power connection will tolerate that voltage?  I would imagine it would be close to 10v when fully charged, right?

Just thinking out loud... you could go with a 9v SLA with that solution, though.
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2003, 05:27:39 PM »
check batteryspace.com  they have plenty of stuff might have somthin that will work...  check dell's laptop batteries my dell runs at like 14.8 v  so thats another option.
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com