Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any tapers interested in Volunteering to tape Kucinich speeches?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Woodstock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Dennis and Ani
    • R2T
Hello All,

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of Dennis Kucinich or not-- but he's running for President in 2004.  He's a Deomocrat and his info can be found here:  www.kucinich.us

As with most Presidential races, the coverage of speeches and rallies is often times glazed over by the press.  Instead, coverage mostly consists of who's winning in the polls and who is losing.  

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm more interested in who's saying and standing for what.  

Unfortunately, there's almost no sources for these speeches.  I can't even find a source for Nader's super ralley in 2000 in which Eddie Veder, Ani and others joined him and sold out MSG.  

In an effort to try and spread the word about Kucinich in a non traditional way, Willie Nelson and Ani Difranco have begun to endorse and promote Kucinich at their shows and are preforming bennifit concerts on his behalf.  Which got me to thinking...

Perhaps if any of you would be interested and willing, maybe you could tape a speech or rally near your neck of the woods, serve it and allow people to burn it in mass to hand out at shows as freebies?

I have a group of volunteers that would be willing to burn at least 100 copies of speeches, and spread them both inside and outside of the community.

If anyone would be interested in volunteering their time torwards this effort that would be greatly appriciated.  You could contact me at  moralistwithfervor@yahoo.com

I'd be interested to hear from any of you and I would hope that there's at least one taper that's willing to volunteer to spread the word for a very nobel cause :)

In the meantime enjoy your day and thanks for reading  :cheers:

~Briee
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 05:36:38 PM by Woodstock »
Vote Dennis Kucinich in 2004.

http://www.kucinich.us/speeches/speech

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Any tapers interested in Volunteering to tape Kucinich speeches?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:49:10 PM »
I think a great way to accomplish this would be for the Kucinich folks to spend a whopping $100 on (or find a donated) MD, record all the speeches themselves, and host them online as downloadable and/or streaming media.  I believe this offers several benefits (and I'm sure there are others):

• central control of the messages provided to the masses
  • quality control
  • guaranteed recording of every speech since the project is owned by a Kucinich-for-Pres rep
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they already record every single speech and for one reason or another don't make them publicly available.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
Re:Any tapers interested in Volunteering to tape Kucinich speeches?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 04:01:35 PM »
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they already record every single speech and for one reason or another don't make them publicly available.

Yeah, polititions don't like to be reminded of what they said in the past.
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com