Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Concert recording with an LG V20?  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Concert recording with an LG V20?
« on: November 29, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
Hi guys, long time. I just got an LG V20, and it supports hq recording using the three " High Acoustic Overload Point microphones" at up to 24/192 - has a decent recording program that allows you to either use preset concert or normal modes, or adjust gain and LCF/LMT  - it also has a sweet  ES9218 Quad DAC for playback, supports FLAC and ALAC, and ships with B&O earbuds (in 4-6 weeks)

i was planning to try to record Jerry Joseph thursday along side my normal MCO12 > Littlebox > DR-07 rig, and to also record a set on the DR-07 built in mics for a comparison to the V20 - but might be a little distracted running FOH

anyone tried it yet? they claim the mics can handle SPL up to 130 dB apparently . way more info here: http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-audio-capabilities-714807/

even if it can't replace my trashcan it's still a very sweet phone. i miss the waterproof/bombproof nature of my S5 active tho. guess i need a good case

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Concert recording with an LG V20?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 10:38:02 AM »
No idea on any of your questions but please let us know how it works out.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Concert recording with an LG V20?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:30:01 AM »
well there's a 0, 3 and 6 db limiter. when i ran the gain all the way down at -19, and the limiter off, i was overloading like crazy. i was sitting about 6 feet from a main. 

pop the limiter on -3 and it was more measured, but i can't tell for sure how that sounds, because i didn't keep track. i was just sort of fumbling around with it. next show i do will probably not be in a living room and i can try a more controlled experiment.

but my inclination is, no, it can't really handle high spls.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com