Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need to cleanup up train noise in background of musicians on Trains.  (Read 1791 times)

Offline JoeRay

• Joe Ray Skrha, Attorney at Law
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi Folks,
        I have been filming and recordings the concerts of Roots On The Rails for the last 14 years.  In 2007, I took at train from Nogales, Mexico to Copper canyon and Back.  It was spectacular except for the brake noise on the recordings.  I need to clean them up and tried my best using Isotope RX 6.  I have never used the software before and was hoping someone on this group may have experience and I could hire them to help me clean up about 20 hours of Acoustic music with Dave Alvin, Terry Allen, Butch Hancock, Tom Russell, Laurie Lewis etc...  The recordings are 24 bit 96 sampling...  Anyone available, email me at: joerayskrha@aol.com
Joe Ray Skrha
Videographer-Songwriter-FlyFisherman
Attorney at Law
110 North Willow St; Suite 137
Kenai, AK 99611
907-283-7100 office
907-283-6100 fax
907-398-1800 cell
joeray@alaska.net

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Need to cleanup up train noise in background of musicians on Trains.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 10:52:23 AM »
Roots on the Rails? Maybe go the other way and add in a few ticket-taking conductors, low-level train whistles, crossing bells, and distant coyote howls!

Only half kidding.. sounds like a cool project. 

Keep in mind that a partial reduction of the extraneous noises, done in such a way as to keep things sounding as natural as possible, is likely to work far better than trying to completely eradicate the offending noise at the risk of damaging the valued attributes of the recordings.  That said, these tools are ever-improving in their capability, and targeting the presumably frequency-specific brake-noise shouldn't be overly difficult.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com