Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO shocks  (Read 4125 times)

Offline hoyt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.the-hoyts.com
MBHO shocks
« on: March 06, 2004, 07:35:45 PM »
I'll be a getting a pair of the mbho 603's in the next few weeks and was curious what other people use for shocks, mounts, and screens.  Will they fit in the shure shockmounts?  I like those because of the small profile...

Thanks!

--hoyt
dpa4028/4023/4011er > sx-m2d2/ sx-r4+

AttorneyatLaw

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:MBHO shocks
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
They will definately fit.  Pretty much all of the standard setups for small Dia. mics will work!

Offline hoyt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 03:32:57 PM »
They will definately fit.  Pretty much all of the standard setups for small Dia. mics will work!

Thanks for the info, +t!  I also found some good info in the archive section that answered a lot of other questions.

--hoyt

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »
too funny, I was just now looking through other parts of the board for exactly the same topic:)

My question is, will you be getting the 603a or the 603?

I'm just wondering because I think I'm going with the 603a's for both stealth and open taping, so for the latter I would want some shock mounts.

Offline mfh2014

• Taperssection Regular
  • Rock
    • bigherm
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 01:00:29 AM »
A quick heads up if you're considering the 603s without actives...you should also consider the Audix SCX line...Audix and MBHO use the same caps, but different bodies and you can find the Audixs for a bunch cheaper than the MBHOs...only drawback is no actives....just a little food for thought

matt

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 12:34:03 PM »
For the MBHO 603 a mics Schoeps makes a stealth mic mount that they fit into for stealth applications. There are two versions - use the one that has the stiffer/stronger holder. Both caps fit into the one small shock mount - works great.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 02:15:13 PM »
For the MBHO 603 a mics Schoeps makes a stealth mic mount that they fit into for stealth applications. There are two versions - use the one that has the stiffer/stronger holder. Both caps fit into the one small shock mount - works great.

I used to tape the small MBHO mic clips together threaded end to threaded end.  I could get pretty darn close to both ORTF and DIN this way, as well as narrower angles if I wanted.  I slid the whole thing into a Schoeps A20S shockmount - the outer diameter of the threaded ends taped together fit nicely into the shockmount.  Not sure if this is exactly what MBHOTapers is talking about, but...fwiw.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 02:39:08 PM »

I used to tape the small MBHO mic clips together threaded end to threaded end.  I could get pretty darn close to both ORTF and DIN this way, as well as narrower angles if I wanted.  I slid the whole thing into a Schoeps A20S shockmount - the outer diameter of the threaded ends taped together fit nicely into the shockmount.  Not sure if this is exactly what MBHOTapers is talking about, but...fwiw.

That is what i do and it works great. Except instead of tape, i screwed the two mic clips together with a barrel. crazy glued it in place so they remain on the same plane all the time and when moved they move together. works great!!!

ian
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline hoyt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 02:43:24 PM »
too funny, I was just now looking through other parts of the board for exactly the same topic:)

My question is, will you be getting the 603a or the 603?

I'm just wondering because I think I'm going with the 603a's for both stealth and open taping, so for the latter I would want some shock mounts.

I got the 603s.  I'm not planning on going with actives any time soon, so I figured I'd save a buck or two...  Since I'm not stealthing with these, I'll stay away from the tape and crazy glue.   :)

--hoyt

Offline ianstone

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 02:48:58 PM »
honestly i think that was a mistake.

first, they are lighter and take up less room so they are ideal for clamping and setting up fastr

i have everything in my bag pre-setup so when i get to a show all i do is take out the capsules set them on the shockmount and clamp it to the stand.

its WELL WORTH the added cost for the active cabling system.

FYI
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline hoyt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 03:23:45 PM »
honestly i think that was a mistake.

first, they are lighter and take up less room so they are ideal for clamping and setting up fastr

i have everything in my bag pre-setup so when i get to a show all i do is take out the capsules set them on the shockmount and clamp it to the stand.

its WELL WORTH the added cost for the active cabling system.

FYI

It very well could have been, but to get actives I most likely would have needed to wait another few months to upgrade from my at853s.  I saw a good deal on the 603's here and took it.  I still have everything in my bag to setup when I get to a show.  All I need to do is plug the cables into the mics and throw the stand up.

--hoyt

Offline ianstone

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 08:26:15 PM »
ok as long as u don't mind the hassel of setting up full bodied mics its fine w/ me.
You will love the sound!!! the 603/200 are the exact same as the 603a/200 in terms of sound.... they will smoke your at's man! :)

enjoy !

+T welcome to team HO!
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

Offline hoyt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 07:47:20 AM »
ok as long as u don't mind the hassel of setting up full bodied mics its fine w/ me.
You will love the sound!!! the 603/200 are the exact same as the 603a/200 in terms of sound.... they will smoke your at's man! :)

enjoy !

+T welcome to team HO!

Thanks for the welcome!  +t's all around for new gear  ;D

--hoyt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com