Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony 3000 ES issue..  (Read 1610 times)

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
Sony 3000 ES issue..
« on: January 25, 2006, 01:04:45 AM »
Well, I finally picked up new speakers (Defintive Technologies 7004 mains, CLR 2500 center, BP1.2 surrounds).

My buddy and I spend 5 hours re-wiring my living room, organizing the rats nest, etc..  I go to power on the reciever, and get "Protection error 21" and it powers off!

After doing some digging, I find someone who had the error doing what I am doing - the Def techs have built in powered subs, you have to split the LFE output w/a splitter for each sub. This guy pulled the subs off, and it powers on. THEN you reconnect the subs and they work w/o any error. I have the exact same scenario! WTF?!?!? I find it totally LAME to have to do this. Even if I have one channel connected I get the same thing. I've tried different cabling, splitters, etc..etc. no availl... GAR!!!

On a good note, after demo'ing some discs /DVDs I find I love these speakers... :) can't wait until they're broken in! but still, the whole reciever thing just dampened my whole evening.

I think Sony is getting a call tomorrow morning to see what the hell is up with this..

Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Sony 3000 ES issue..
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 03:23:35 AM »
are they 8ohm?
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:58:39 AM »

Definitive Technology BP 7004 Speaker
Click for Larger Image
The BP7004 Bipolar SuperTower arrays each incorporate a cast-basket 5-1/4" bass/midrange driver and a 1" pure aluminium dome tweeter both front and rear The bass section incorporates a 10" active subwoofer driver and two 10" pressure driven infrasonic radiators driven by a 300-watt digital amp. The result is a relatively small speaker whose belies it’s appearance.

Product Specifications

Freq. Response: 16 Hz — 30 kHz
Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
Rec. Assoc. Amp.: 20 — 300 watt/channel
Driver Complement: Two 5-1/4" high definition cast-magnesium basket polymer upper bass/midrange drivers. Two 1" pure aluminium dome tweeters with silk surrounds. One 10" long-throw subwoofer coupled to two 10" infrasonic radiators.
Efficiency: 92 dB
Dimensions: 6-5/8" W x 13" D x 42-1/4" H
Finish: piano-gloss black or golden cherry
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »
8ohm from what the dealer told me.

This wouldn't affect the sub connection though ... atleast I wouldn't think it should.... very weird. Sony may be getting a call from me in a bit here...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com