Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mini-Me and Tekkeon - Is power tip included?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline arthur777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Mini-Me and Tekkeon - Is power tip included?
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:54:19 AM »
Anybody know if the Tekkeon batteries come with a power tip that fits the Apogee Mini-Me, or will I have to supply my own? Thanks

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
Re: Mini-Me and Tekkeon - Is power tip included?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »
my tekkeons came with a slew of adapters, one of which fits the minime.  i do recommend some gaffer tape to secure the plug since the apogee connectors seem loose to me..

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:44:48 AM »
i do recommend some gaffer tape to secure the plug since the apogee connectors seem loose to me..

That's why the new Mini-Me's & Mini-MP's came with a thumbscrew and clamp to secure the battery cable to the preamp. I guess you didn't receive those parts when you bought a used one. You could probably find a thumscrew that fits the hole in a hardware store and  making or finding something to use as a clamp would be fairly easy.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »
i do recommend some gaffer tape to secure the plug since the apogee connectors seem loose to me..

That's why the new Mini-Me's & Mini-MP's came with a thumbscrew and clamp to secure the battery cable to the preamp. I guess you didn't receive those parts when you bought a used one. You could probably find a thumscrew that fits the hole in a hardware store and  making or finding something to use as a clamp would be fairly easy.

He probably has the thumbscrew, but like me didn't realize that's what it's used for.  The hardware doesn't hold the cable down tightly, but it does provide the needed resistance to keep the connector from yanking out of the socket.  I left a tiny bit of slack (an inch or two) at the connector so that the cable wouldn't have experience excess fatigue and fail over time.

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 11:12:15 AM »
i realize what the screw/latch is for (im not *that* slow) but its a bit wonky with its design..

Offline MULETAPER

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ~Find Love Thru Music and Share It~
    • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
like said above... throw some heat shrink tubing over the end to snug it tight.
Beyerdynamic MC930's>Neumann KM184s>Tascam DR-680

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com