Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Griffen IMic Pro thingy  (Read 2363 times)

zowie

• Trade Count: (0)
Griffen IMic Pro thingy
« on: December 15, 2003, 12:06:52 PM »
Has anyone checked this out yet?  (cut and paste the link - I can't get it to work right)

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=9015&item=IMIC-PRO-ISI&type=store

From the description it looks like it may be the best cheap ticket into taping for anyone one who already owns a suitable laptop.

I can't tell if it's 16/48 or 24/48 - I'll drop SP an email and ask.

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Griffen IMic Pro thingy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 01:27:21 AM »
16/48. I started off with one of those and couldn't ever get it to work 24 bit.

It's shitty. Very low SPL.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 03:33:04 AM »
i have a version of the iMic (usb with 1/8" i/o) and I didn't like it at all.  It introduced a lot of hum into the signal.  I think I bought it from Bill on these boards for $20.  I'll pass it along to you for the same if you want to try it out.

zowie

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 06:12:03 AM »
Thanks for the generous offer.  I'm well past this stage of gear acquisition myself.  Just thought it looked interesting but I realize now that its still the same ol iMic just paired up with better mics than it's usually seen with.

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 11:07:22 AM »
Or coming with microphones at all, for that matter.... Don't forget the stand mount! Can't wait to see some of them flying @ 10' w/a 2' USB cable. LOL
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com