Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Strange Shaped Room...  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Strange Shaped Room...
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 08:56:23 AM »
if the room is relatively small/medium sized, you might find that going the long way (speakers against the long wall) is too much bass energy, and not enough room to let the speakers breathe.

IMO, put them against the short wall.  either end (though i'd go against the end w/the door..and keep it closed when listening).
Measure the room L and W.
pull the speakers out 1/3rd the distance of the room and try to space them w/at least 2' of space between them and the side walls.  Move  your listening position to be an equal distance as the speakers are apart.  So if the room is 15' deep, then the front of the speakers should be 5' out from the back wall.
this will give you a very deep soundstage w/the rear firing driver cranked up (which you want to have durring break in).
as for toe in, start w/them square and then tune them in using the ol' white/pink noise trick.  if you need a reference disc for this, lmk and i'll send you a copy of mine (complete w/all the noise you need).

if that distance is too great into the room for the speakers, then go with 1/5th instead of 1/3rd...making the front of the speakers 3' out instead of 5'.
Its important to have as much space behind the speakers as you can get away with.  VSAs like to have that space, and they will give you true 3D sound if they have the room to flex.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com