Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new audio/video synch method?  (Read 7662 times)

Offline inside source

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: new audio/video synch method?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 04:37:49 AM »
But then there's the time drift issue which also needs correction by stretch or cut.

My audio is ~700ms/hour longer than the audio extracted from the camera.
Both are digital recordings, right? I wonder why is there a time drift? Different time-clocks on the units? Is this 0.02% time drift normal for digital recorders?

Offline Chad817

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 06:44:07 PM »
I've always just extracted the camera audio as one long .wav, and then mix track by track the seperate audio source to get in sync..then mute the cam source and mixdown.  Usually only takes about an hour for a 1:30-2 hour show.
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline jason

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 10:30:18 PM »
I've done several sync's with alternative audio sources, aud's and SBD releases.  I usually use the cam aud as a guide to sync the alternate audio source.  But I have never noticed any drift. There have been several instances where I thought there was drift, when in fact it was actually due to dropped frames during the transfer, resulting in a loss of audio samples as well.  Most of the time the give away is the fact that the difference (or drift in your case..maybe) should be getting longer as the set progresses.   I have also run into a couple situations where the sbd release did several seconds of overlap between discs that was not noticable, and conversely, a case where the release actually cut out seconds of banter/tuning in between tracks.  All of the above scenarios totally threw me off and took me days before I realized what was really going on.   

I don't have a solution for any of you, just thought I'd point out some possible scenarios of where things are going off.  But I do believe drift happens, I noticed when I was matrixing phish auds and sbds before. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com