Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Uploading torrent to Etree problem  (Read 27314 times)

mcfoster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Uploading torrent to Etree problem
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2018, 05:18:39 PM »
Bt.etree.org now says:  "goodbye"    on the website that's it.

Offline wvmaine

• Taperssection Regular
    • Archive.org
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »
What a rollercoaster this has become. Now it seems to have flown off the tracks. Bummer
Mics: Neumann SKM 184, AKG C1000
Pre Amps: Naiant Big Box & Little Box, Blue Tube DP
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4n, Zoom F4

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »
Wow...I wonder if that's real or if they got hacked??  Losing the etree torrent site would be a huge bummer, if this is real.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline DATBoy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
I think, DATBoy, that you would have done a better job of asking for help in the first place and understanding the answer and keeping track of who you had been speaking with.  Then you wouldn't have come to TS and posted this: 

This evening they responded basically telling me to f-off.

If I'm right, then no one would be reading about it here.

Keyword - "they." He never addressed you by directly by name and he also never once copied and pasted the communication of who he talked to directly. He made a general statement on what he was told. You could have handled this much better and came across more professional than you did and frankly you didn't. This is all on you. As far as I'm concerned, you just solidified my argument against people like you who are involved with etree. Being a volunteer for etree or anywhere on or off the internet for other places is NOT a license to act anyway you please with people's information and/or communication. You can't get away with doing that as a volunteer in many organizations/places and certainly why you are with no one calling you out on this initially baffles me tremendously. Certainly I don't call the shots here on etree's way of handling things, but God help all of those users on here or anywhere if they still trust putting their information and/or private communication into the etree admin's hands.

Offline stober

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
“Goodbye” :(

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2018, 06:54:26 PM »
I still hope bt.etree will be back at some point (hopefully soon)...but if it doesn't it would be cool if we all could get on the same page on a replacement for open taping bands.

bt.etree was pretty universally known by non-tapers asking where I'd post my recordings. It made it a lot easier when packing up at the end of the night. I'd normally say etree and most folks said cool and went on their way.

It might take a while but if we settled on something like Lossless Legs (just as an example), eventually the masses would catch on and we all could direct them there with ease.

||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline heathen

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2018, 07:04:02 PM »
No site that requires registration in order to download will completely replace bt.etree, in my opinion.  Being "open to the public" is (was?) a huge advantage of bt.etree.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2018, 10:24:20 PM »
That looks to be exactly what they're implementing.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2018, 11:49:03 PM »
I think, DATBoy, that you would have done a better job of asking for help in the first place and understanding the answer and keeping track of who you had been speaking with.  Then you wouldn't have come to TS and posted this: 

Keyword - "they." He never addressed you by directly by name and he also never once copied and pasted the communication of who he talked to directly. He made a general statement on what he was told. You could have handled this much better and came across more professional than you did and frankly you didn't. This is all on you. As far as I'm concerned, you just solidified my argument against people like you who are involved with etree. Being a volunteer for etree or anywhere on or off the internet for other places is NOT a license to act anyway you please with people's information and/or communication. You can't get away with doing that as a volunteer in many organizations/places and certainly why you are with no one calling you out on this initially baffles me tremendously. Certainly I don't call the shots here on etree's way of handling things, but God help all of those users on here or anywhere if they still trust putting their information and/or private communication into the etree admin's hands.

DATboy and Goldey - Just stop. 

All this crap is just refrying the same bacon.  We've all been through this before and its always the same.  Some one gets mad about something and it starts a fight over something stupid.  And then absolutely nothing changes. 

BT.ETREE was run by volunteers many years ago.  Because of the fact that you can never please all the people all the time, they got fed up with the BS and left.  They pretty much left BT on auto-pilot, ie nothing changes.  Eventually it was going to die.  Anyone in the know could foresee that. 

DB.ETREE is a different situation.  I think their main server is down b/c of Florence???  And Tom Anderson does a good job.  He will answer your questions, and do maintenance as needed...

I really hope DB comes back.  I don't maintain a list there, but the PH DB, and all the Knowledge Inherent In The Universe, is almost required in order to maintain a good PH collection.  I personally would like to see the PH (and other bands that have an important presence there) be split out into their own DBs and maintained separately so that one rotten apple doesn't ruin the entire barrel...

And while I would like to see BT make a come back, I don't think it serves a particular function that can't be replicated by another site, or another version of BT.  I wonder if anyone here would be willing take on the monumentally painful task of running BT???  I wish I could, but I'm just about computer illiterate...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »
No site that requires registration in order to download will completely replace bt.etree, in my opinion.  Being "open to the public" is (was?) a huge advantage of bt.etree.

Exactly.  All you had to do was search and DL.  It was super convenient for people that hardly ever DLed, but wanted to get a copy of that whatever show they saw... 

I think I told a brazilian people to go to ETREE to download my tapes, back when I actually used to tape shows...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Offline heathen

« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2018, 12:09:10 AM »
I really hope DB comes back.  I don't maintain a list there, but the PH DB, and all the Knowledge Inherent In The Universe, is almost required in order to maintain a good PH collection.  I personally would like to see the PH (and other bands that have an important presence there) be split out into their own DBs and maintained separately so that one rotten apple doesn't ruin the entire barrel...

Torrent trackers come and go, but losing all the info in db.etree would be the biggest loss out of all of this.  I hope that doesn't happen.

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »

Torrent trackers come and go, but losing all the info in db.etree would be the biggest loss out of all of this.  I hope that doesn't happen.

I have faith in Tom that DB will come back...  If not, he better figure out a way to export all that PH knowledge, or he's going to have to deal with a bitchy twatts!

Terry

Offline DATBoy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2018, 02:33:37 AM »

DATboy and Goldey - Just stop. 

All this crap is just refrying the same bacon.  We've all been through this before and its always the same.  Some one gets mad about something and it starts a fight over something stupid.  And then absolutely nothing changes. 

BT.ETREE was run by volunteers many years ago.  Because of the fact that you can never please all the people all the time, they got fed up with the BS and left.  They pretty much left BT on auto-pilot, ie nothing changes.  Eventually it was going to die.  Anyone in the know could foresee that. 

DB.ETREE is a different situation.  I think their main server is down b/c of Florence???  And Tom Anderson does a good job.  He will answer your questions, and do maintenance as needed...

And while I would like to see BT make a come back, I don't think it serves a particular function that can't be replicated by another site, or another version of BT.  I wonder if anyone here would be willing take on the monumentally painful task of running BT???  I wish I could, but I'm just about computer illiterate...

Terry

I don't know you Terry, but I'll just say this - if you are ok with someone posting your messages without consent, so be it. I don't agree with the way that was all handled here. Also, I don't think anything I have said about it will make a change or even an agreement from some of the other people who are involved in being an admin/moderator on the site. Therefor, I have nothing further to say about this.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:31:56 AM by DATBoy »

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2018, 03:38:44 AM »
I wonder if archive.org is willing to adopt this project
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2018, 08:13:08 AM »

I don't know you Terry, but I'll just say this - if you are ok with someone posting your messages without consent, so be it. I don't agree with the way that was all handled here. Also, I don't think anything I have said about it will make a change or even an agreement from some of the other people who are involved in being an admin/moderator on the site. Therefor, I have nothing further to say about this.

I don't disagree with you.  I consider MGoldey a friend, but I'll be the first to admit his way of handling of these situations doesn't help. 

I just want to point out that these issues have all occurred before and nothing is going to change.  Its unfortunate, but that's just the way it is... 

Terry

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com