Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Should I Be Worried??  (Read 2603 times)

Offline PianoManGrj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Under New Ownership
Should I Be Worried??
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:33:58 AM »
Hey folks!  So here's the deal... I recently bought a D8 off of here.  I sent the payment a little while back, and so far I've had no contact with the seller.  All I wanted was a tracking number, so I can see when the deck's coming.  I've sent a few PM's to the guy and no response.  He's actually online right now.  I was just wondering what the standard procedure was on here for going about something like this.  I figured on this site most people are trustworthy... hopefully I was right.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks
GRJ

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Should I Be Worried??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 10:42:25 AM »
I wouldn't worry just yet.  Situations like this are usually the result of poor / mis- communication.  If I were you, I'd:

The seller's probably just busy, and may be logged on permanently - so no telling if the user's actually online (unless, of course, he's posting).  At any rate, best course of action, IMO:

[1]  phone call (you do have the seller's full and complete contact information, right?)
[2]  email
[3]  public request for seller to contact you (no accusations, no airing of grievances, just a request for contact)
[4]  let us GMs know who it is and we'll have a chat with the seller

Seem reasonable?

Regards,

Brian
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

hexyjones

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 10:46:26 AM »
I wouldn't worry just yet.  Situations like this are usually the result of poor / mis- communication.  If I were you, I'd:

The seller's probably just busy, and may be logged on permanently - so no telling if the user's actually online (unless, of course, he's posting).  At any rate, best course of action, IMO:

[1]  phone call (you do have the seller's full and complete contact information, right?)
[2]  email
[3]  public request for seller to contact you (no accusations, no airing of grievances, just a request for contact)
[4]  let us GMs know who it is and we'll have a chat with the seller

Seem reasonable?

Regards,

Brian

Doesn't that "Who's Online" just refer to people currently browsing the site...? There is no way to stay on that list if I am at another site, right?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 10:54:32 AM »
Doesn't that "Who's Online" just refer to people currently browsing the site...? There is no way to stay on that list if I am at another site, right?

Good question, so I tested.  I logged into TS on my other PC with a dummy login and...even after viewing other sites and then closing the browser, my dummy login still shows up in the Who's Online list.  The list has definitely refreshed several times since I left TS and closed the browser, so...it seems as long as you're logged in - regardless of whether or not you're viewing the site - TS will include you in the Who's Online list.
Roland R-05

hexyjones

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:57:10 AM »

Good question, so I tested.  I logged into TS on my other PC with a dummy login and...even after viewing other sites and then closing the browser, my dummy login still shows up in the Who's Online list.  The list has definitely refreshed several times since I left TS and closed the browser, so...it seems as long as you're logged in - regardless of whether or not you're viewing the site - TS will include you in the Who's Online list.

My SMF install shows  "Users active in past 15 minutes:" - not necessarily at that moment...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 11:01:30 AM »
My SMF install shows "Users active in past 15 minutes:" - not necessarily at that moment...

Heh...duh, that would explain it.  Missed that note at the top of the list.  So...there you have it.  Thanks for the correction.
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com