Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Soundbreaking series  (Read 3279 times)

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Soundbreaking series
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:05:32 PM »
I haven't seen this posted anywhere at TS - but this series looks very interesting so I thought I'd pass it on.

It's scheduled to start Fall 2016 (so soon).

Soundbreaking
Stories From The Cutting Edge Of Recorded Music

http://soundbreaking.com/

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: Soundbreaking series
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »
Hmm.  There's one mention of taping in the final episode, Episode 8, near the very end of the series:

The Grateful Dead and the rise of the bootleg cassette tape

Hmm.  Wish PBS was a little more up-to-date than this.  Where's my dollars goin'?

:zoomie1:

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll hit up the DVR
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:11:21 PM by capnhook »
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »
This series started last night. I wasn't able to watch but have it DVRd. Looks pretty great. As mentioned above it sounds like there is a segment on the Dead and Betty in episode 8.

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 04:37:44 PM »
I watched the first half hour. The first episode was about the role of the producer. Some interviews with Tom Petty talking about Jeff Lynne, the Stones and how George Martin with his classical background came up with the idea to use strings in Yesterday and Eleanor Rigby. Also Phil Specter's wall of sound and other 60s artists and how important the producers were in that era.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:47:47 PM »
Heard of this and watched some of the trailers online over the summer.  Looked really interesting.   Hoping I can catch this on-line as I don't have a regular TV anymore.  If anyone comes across links to the episodes please post them here.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »
Heard of this and watched some of the trailers online over the summer.  Looked really interesting.   Hoping I can catch this on-line as I don't have a regular TV anymore.  If anyone comes across links to the episodes please post them here.

http://www.pbs.org/show/soundbreaking/

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
Thank you.  I didn't realize they stream them once they air.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 03:59:30 PM »
These are airing this week- one episode per day!? Yoikes! I am behind already! Cool!  :headphones:
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »
These are airing this week- one episode per day!? Yoikes! I am behind already! Cool!  :headphones:
5 aired last week, 3 more this week
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.396 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com