Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Monster Mic Cables?  (Read 7832 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Monster Mic Cables?
« on: May 23, 2005, 03:10:58 AM »
Hey anyone know anything about the Monster Studio Pro 1000 Microphone Cable?  I get a really nice discount from work on any monster products.

Thanks,
Joe

Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
Re: Monster Mic Cables?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 07:32:11 AM »
I'm sure they are decent cables, but given the fact that they are made by Monster, I personally would not buy them.  If you don't know why, do some google searches for Monster and lawsuit.

h
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Dutchman1101

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:54:13 AM »
I was not aware of that  ???. Their good cables though. I know they have some thing where if you want to upgrade you can take them back any time for a credit towards some better cables. I don't know if that’s Monsters thing of if that's a policy of the music store I purchased them at. Goooooood cables though. That sucks their such bastards about the name Monster  >:(

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 09:29:46 AM »
You can add Discovery Channel's "Monster House" to that list!
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Bdifr78

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 05:12:02 PM »
Ah fuck it.  It takes like 6 weeks sometimes to order it with my accomodation pricing and I need good cables way before that.  Still 60% off isn't bad if you can wait for it.  There power strips with clean power freaking rock.  Ok well I think I need to PM marc... ;D

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 06:18:13 PM »
Cables are the HIGHEST markup in the audio business for sure.  Monster Cable has built themselves a hell of a brand name.  They are just too damn proud of their product to be charging what they are.

+T to leegeddy   My xlr's are working great for me.

jimmc

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
When I ordered my Canare Starquads, I also asked Doug Oade about the Monster mic cables that they sell, and he recommended the Canare cables over the Monsters.  I did what he recommended since Doug knows his stuff.  He didnt bad-mouth Monster by any means, just recommended the Canare.
Just thought I'd add my opinion....
Jim

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 10:08:48 PM »
Monster is crap....I compared the contruction of their coxial digi cable with a radio shack coxial digi cable....the $12 radio shack was of much higher grade and build quality over the monster and the moster was $39.99 ::)
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 09:26:28 AM »
Monster is crap....I compared the contruction of their coxial digi cable with a radio shack coxial digi cable....the $12 radio shack was of much higher grade and build quality over the monster and the moster was $39.99 ::)

I've heard they're the same cable but different name... the gold ones, anyways...

Monster is all name, and fancy-looking connectors.  Being the most expensive/best/whatever at big box stores has helped them big time.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 11:31:19 AM »
interesting, might be the same material, but they where put together much differently with the rat shack cable being of much higher build quality. To see what I mean, unscrew the coxial conntector on each cable and look at whats underneath
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 01:07:56 PM »
I love my monster XLR cables! My step father works at guitar center and got me a fatty discount on a set for me. they are regularly like $60 a piece but monster had some promotion so I got a pair for $30 kick ass. they are beefy have gold plated nuetrik connectors and they cable itself is thick and well shielded. I was running mogami cables before and these monsters smoke them!
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline Bdifr78

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 02:21:43 PM »
Ordered a pair of Leegeddy's canare xlrs lastnight ;D

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »

Good job! +T   My MiAGi-II's are real nice and I couldn't be happier.  Let us know how you like the cables.  I'd be real interested in how they compare to the MiAGi-II's. 

Alot of people suggested that mine would sound richer once they had 100 hours of burn in.  I'm at around 50 hours and haven't noticed a big difference but still working on it.

Offline Tim

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 10:21:40 AM »
I was not aware of that ???. Their good cables though. I know they have some thing where if you want to upgrade you can take them back any time for a credit towards some better cables. I don't know if that’s Monsters thing of if that's a policy of the music store I purchased them at. Goooooood cables though. That sucks their such bastards about the name Monster >:(

there are much better cables available and similiar prices, if not cheaper
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 10:23:48 AM »

those cables are one of the best deals in taping... good pickup!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.106 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com