Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: soundboard patching with JB3 - what cables needed?  (Read 6365 times)

Offline BuddyGoodness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: soundboard patching with JB3 - what cables needed?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 01:59:26 AM »
So far I have bought a -20 dB Attenuator Cable because I was told that soundboards can run hot.

i regularly run board patches with the JB3 and have never used an attenuator, if the soundguy is cool enough to let you patch in the first place he probably is cool enough to let you take a look at what levels your feed is set at and adjust accordingly on the board.....

I just spent 300$ for a njb3

man, you should of bought one of mine for $150 ;)

I didn't want to get there and find that I needed an attenuator so I got it just in case.  This weill be my first time taping off a board and with a njb3 so I have been really trying to read up on how to it right.  I have been trying to tape off various things like my stereo and such trying to get the db right.  Can the soundboard guy set what db the board puts out to your recorder?  I figured I could tape the opening band and see how it turned out on some headphones and if it sounds good then leave it alone, if it doesn't sound good I will try and adjust it again for the second band, that way I have two chances to get it right.

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 02:33:27 AM »
So far I have bought a -20 dB Attenuator Cable because I was told that soundboards can run hot.

i regularly run board patches with the JB3 and have never used an attenuator, if the soundguy is cool enough to let you patch in the first place he probably is cool enough to let you take a look at what levels your feed is set at and adjust accordingly on the board.....

I just spent 300$ for a njb3

man, you should of bought one of mine for $150 ;)

I didn't want to get there and find that I needed an attenuator so I got it just in case.  This weill be my first time taping off a board and with a njb3 so I have been really trying to read up on how to it right.  I have been trying to tape off various things like my stereo and such trying to get the db right.  Can the soundboard guy set what db the board puts out to your recorder?  I figured I could tape the opening band and see how it turned out on some headphones and if it sounds good then leave it alone, if it doesn't sound good I will try and adjust it again for the second band, that way I have two chances to get it right.

there are level increments marked throughout the arc of the level adjustment, i usually put the feed out at around -3db then use the trimmers on my mixer to bump it up OR bump it up with the UA5 OR if I am going straight into the JB3 maybe use about +2db of digital gain on the JB3
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 02:37:17 AM »

He bought the jb3 from me. It wasnt 300 bucks. he was saying he spent 300 on the cables AND the jb3.

whew, good deal, that makes much better sense, i was a bit worried there for a few that he actually paid the 3 bills for the JB3 alone.....
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline BuddyGoodness

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 07:17:27 PM »
cool, thanks.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com