Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Internal mics question  (Read 64018 times)

Offline furburger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
Re: Internal mics question
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2017, 12:41:51 PM »
Still waiting to hear an "excellent capture" from these toy mics  :iamwithstupid:

I posted links to at least ten of them a couple of months back...if not in this thread, then the other internal mics thread.

Sarah Peacock, Black Mountain, Peter Mulvey, and a good chunk of others.

you kids are all caught up in your cute-but-wrong responses and ignore the proof to keep running your fingers (nee:gums)
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Needs to get out more...
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
Still waiting to hear an "excellent capture" from these toy mics  :iamwithstupid:

I posted links to at least ten of them a couple of months back...if not in this thread, then the other internal mics thread.

Sarah Peacock, Black Mountain, Peter Mulvey, and a good chunk of others.

you kids are all caught up in your cute-but-wrong responses and ignore the proof to keep running your fingers (nee:gums)

I haven't heard anything that sounded good, much less "excellent."

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2017, 12:45:53 PM »

then clearly you need your hearing checked.

-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Southern Shelter
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2017, 12:49:12 PM »

then clearly you need your hearing checked.

Doesn't anyone who isn't Steve Hagar? Moron.

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
and I've got to bring up the Nak700's guy....didn't he make some post a ways back saying how he'd like to spend some money on something to prove a point, but he was too broke to do so?

yet here I am travelling the US (over 60 shows this year in nearly 20 states), multi-cam-ing and multi-audioing bands across all genres, and getting the job done?

that pretty much sums up to a tee what I'm saying.

buy a bunch of UNnecessary fancy-schmancy products for taping and sit at home broke, or push lo-fi equipment to the max with excellent results and do what I want, when I want, without money being an issue?

the bulk of you old fucks remind me of the first AA meetings I went to years back (8+ years ago, haven't had a drink since....or meetings/sponsors/steps in 6+ years), the "Stag mens group" in the basement of Sacred Heart Cathedral in Fairbanks.

pissing and moaning about (multiple) ex-wives, cranky as fuck, and all old.

really, really old.

I guess in your folks' case, while you lack getting inside of vagina in spades, at least your mic stands #DONTTALKBACK!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »

Amy and Steve say "HIGH"!
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »
:waiting for Mr. Skalinder to ban the above post and say that it belongs in The Sewer winkie-smilie here:
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »
"awesome" Sturgill Schweppes recording upped ten MONTHS ago, with one hell of a setlist: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=582295

furbys' "shitty" Sonics Sturgill recording upped not even 10 days ago...: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=602332

yet mine has 20 more pulls than the Schweppes one, and is increasing every single day 

(we won't mention the nearly 100 pulls from TTD).

now WHY do you think that is???

inordinate amounts of fluffing from furby, or simple lies from the Schweppes lobby?

shit, I have to go back to '14 on dime to find a Sturgill audio pull that is above my snatches.

I'd have to go with "B" on this one....
-------------

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Southern Shelter
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »
Eh, if you hadn’t intentionally made it so thin it would be serviceable. Why not give your engineer a full signal to work with?

Online lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
I miss Dillon Fries. Sigh.
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline drivingwheel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Driving Wheel
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
After you guys figure out how to get the 1 Tascam hand held recorder set up correctly then you will be ready for the next step. Running 4 Tascam hand held recorders at the same time plus shooting vid on 3 phone cameras while getting stank on your hang low with middle aged midwestern womens. Any effort short of this will result in a recording that is 75/85% as good as an elite stand taper recording.

Buries face in hands and laughs uncontrollably with tears pouring out my face...
http://www.drivingwheelmusic.com
http://www.archive.org/details/DrivingWheel
http://www.facebook.com/drivingwheel

open : Peluso CEMC-6 (cards)>Edirol ua-5 (d-mod)/Fostex FR-2LE (Busman t-mod)/Tascam DR-2D

covert operations : CA-14 (cards)/AT853 (cards)>Church Audio 9100>Tascam DR-2D
'

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #281 on: October 10, 2017, 03:24:59 PM »

mic stands and "audio only" are SOOOOOO late '90's.....stable video is where it's at, multi-cam even moreso

LOLZ. 

I was recording video likely before you were knee high to a grasshopper there whippersnapper (ever seen a VHS-C?).  Most of those sounded "90% as good as" or whatever that shifting standard of standardness is (just plugging in a compatible mic). 

These days for me I'm over video (it's so 80's to me).  I rarely bother unless the musician asks me to and I feel like dealing with it.  I'd much rather enjoy being there experiencing the show real time and hear the show later in really nice quality if I want to listen to it again. 

Priorities and times change... 

Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline drivingwheel

• Taperssection Member
    • Driving Wheel
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2017, 03:36:41 PM »

mic stands and "audio only" are SOOOOOO late '90's.....stable video is where it's at, multi-cam even moreso

LOLZ. 

I was recording video likely before you were knee high to a grasshopper there whippersnapper (ever seen a VHS-C?).  Most of those sounded "90% as good as" or whatever that shifting standard of standardness is (just plugging in a compatible mic). 

These days for me I'm over video (it's so 80's to me).  I rarely bother unless the musician asks me to and I feel like dealing with it.  I'd much rather enjoy being there experiencing the show real time and hear the show later in really nice quality if I want to listen to it again. 

Priorities and times change...

He sends 16 bit internal mic sources to be synced to his video to dorrcoq; Steve has likely never actually processed, EQed, FLACed, md5ed/ffpED, then upped and seeded a single one of his own shows, much less synced video to audio.

He loves to puff his chest out, but recording shows with stolen decks and with tickets that others buy for you and hard drives and SDs that others supply because you haven't supported yourself outside of growing pot and selling old merch in your adult life (we can get your ex-girlfriend in on this, if you wann get down...) while nailing middleaged Midwestern nappy D is his only source of pride...

open : Peluso CEMC-6 (cards)>Edirol ua-5 (d-mod)/Fostex FR-2LE (Busman t-mod)/Tascam DR-2D

'

Offline drivingwheel

• Taperssection Member
    • Driving Wheel
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
Eh, if you hadn’t intentionally made it so thin it would be serviceable. Why not give your engineer a full signal to work with?

He doesn't understand processing; he's never done his own.

That's why he rolls all the bass off and records in 16b!   

He simply doesn't know any better, and woe to anyone who dares to try and tell anything to The One Who Already Knows Everything Ever About Taping.

'

Offline perks

• Trade Count: (31)
    • Recordings uploaded to TTD
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2017, 03:43:26 PM »
I haven't been able to reconcile the desire for stable video yet no concern about using audio that has noticeable phasing. Wouldn't the same standards apply for both captures? You can mock hippy tapers all day but if they have their mics stationary on a stand they aren't introducing phasing to their recordings unless it was caused by a blowing in the wind. The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind.  :headphones:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:57:20 PM by perks »
Mics: Schoeps MK5's, Schoeps MK41's, AT853's (C,SC,H,O), DPA 4061's
Preamps/converters: Schoeps VMS52UB (x2), Nbox (x2), E.A.A. PSP-2 (x2) Grace Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2, DPA MMA6000, Naiant Tinybox v1.5, Naiant PiPsqueak, Church Ugly, Apogee Mini-Me, Benchmark AD2k+
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Edirol R-05, Sony PCM-M10 (x2), Tascam DR-07, Marantz PMD-661, Sound Devices Mixpre-3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com