Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Stand  (Read 9993 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Mic Stand
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
That inexpensive PhotoSEL stand I just posted about has a removable top stud.  This is the only stand I have with that feature.  The included stud can be flipped for either a 1/4"-20 or 5/8" thread.  I was slightly concerned the stud clamping mechanism would interfere with my odd mounting method, but it worked out fine.

That is a pretty unusual feature.  I've only seen that before in the super-tall (and super-expensive) Manfrotto stands meant for high camera angles.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/325308-REG/Manfrotto_269HDBU_269HDBU_Super_High_Aluminum.html

First couple times put the pole up, I instinctively loosened the stud-clamp as it looks just like the others on the telescopic sections.  That was correctly ingrained by the third upping.  The air-cushioning on this thing is a bit overboard, but I expect that to relax a bit with more use.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline easyed

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • get your Jam in the Can
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 12:52:42 PM »
Beyerdynamic CK-930s > Naiant Tinybox or Littlebox > Sony PCM-M10 or
DPA 4061's > Core Sound Battery Box > Sony PCM-M10 or
matrix: Sound Devices 744T or
multitracking: Audient ASP008 preamps > JoeCo Blackbox BBR1B

Offline IMPigpen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »
That inexpensive PhotoSEL stand I just posted about has a removable top stud.  This is the only stand I have with that feature.  The included stud can be flipped for either a 1/4"-20 or 5/8" thread.  I was slightly concerned the stud clamping mechanism would interfere with my odd mounting method, but it worked out fine.

That is a pretty unusual feature.  I've only seen that before in the super-tall (and super-expensive) Manfrotto stands meant for high camera angles.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/325308-REG/Manfrotto_269HDBU_269HDBU_Super_High_Aluminum.html

Another inexpensive option if you are only looking to go 10 1/2' max is Karamy.  I don't own the stand myself, still have my Manfrotto that's 20 years old for height.   But when I was looking for an extension I could use with the superclamp, I stumbled across them.  Checked out reviews and videos online of reviews and they seem pretty solid lighting stands with some nice little features.  They have a reversible spigot with 1/4" and 3/8" threads and it can be positioned in three different directions and locked it.  This is a great feature for the extension I got (which has a fixed 1/4" threaded end on the other end).  The air-cushioned stand also comes with a spike that can be screwed into the bottom for grass/sand, built in hooks to attach carbiners for sandbags or whatever you want to hang, and the pole can also be removed from the tripod base and be used as a boom.   The 126" (10.5') stand is only $43, so might be work checking out.

FYI, I'm not affiliated with them at all. 

http://www.karamyco.com/light-stand/karamy-kls-4320al-air-cushion-aluminium-alloy-126-tripod-studio-light-stand.html

Mics: Neumann KM184s; ADK TLs; Naiant X-R omnis & cards; MM-BSM-7M omnis
Pres/Battery boxes: Sound Devices MixPre; Naiant IPA; Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-6
Recorders: Tascam DR-70mkii; Tascam DR-60Dmkii; Tascam DR-40; Roland R-07
Cassette Transfers:  Nakamichi CR-1A->Tascam DR-60Dmkii
DAT Transfers:  Tascam DA-20mkii->Marantz PMD-670

My LMA uploads:  https://archive.org/details/@brandon_smith

**Have any old Strangefolk or Eddie From Ohio shows not on the LMA?  Let me know!**

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com