Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: why the nomad?  (Read 8613 times)

Offline geoff piper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I regret selling my rig :(
Re:why the nomad?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 11:36:19 AM »

that being said, i probably wouldn't recommend this to someone looking to go analog in to the unit.  
thank you for that explination. What i got from this quote is that newbie patchers should go JB3 Newbies witha full rig should go dat or laptop? Is that correct?

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 12:23:39 PM »
One more thing that is tangently related to this, if the JB3 is not a viable alternative then I say hold onto your DAT machines as it looks like it could be a while before we have a good, reliable and affordable HD solution.
You hit the nail on the head!
Also, Sony DATS are as portable as the nomads and record in 48k...I personally dont understand why DAT is such a dinosaur.  They really aren't any more difficult to use than an optical cable device.  
Phil
« Last Edit: April 04, 2003, 12:35:27 PM by plucks »
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

jpschust

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2003, 12:31:58 PM »
Geoff to respond to your question from before, I've got no difference betweeh the original and my source.  I've lietened to both a few times now and they sound EXACTLY the same.

Offline geoff piper

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2003, 01:50:45 PM »
Geoff to respond to your question from before, I've got no difference betweeh the original and my source.  I've lietened to both a few times now and they sound EXACTLY the same.
thats good so if i was run my planned rig M300>ua5>JB3 I would just go optical out of the UA-5 to the JB3? Anything else needed?(Besides batteries for the UA-5 and JB3 and Stand)

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2003, 01:51:33 PM »
thank you for that explination. What i got from this quote is that newbie patchers should go JB3 Newbies witha full rig should go dat or laptop? Is that correct?

what i'm saying is that i think an outboard A/D in front of the JB3 would be in your best interests.  whether patching a full rig, or running your own.  the A/D in the JB3 is not the best.  

if you have the means to go the Laptop route, then this changes things altogether.  by all means, go with a Laptop.  get yourself a splitter, and you should have no trouble patching with a Laptop even.  build your rig up from there.  ;)

Offline geoff piper

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2003, 02:06:48 PM »

what i'm saying is that i think an outboard A/D in front of the JB3 would be in your best interests.  whether patching a full rig, or running your own.  the A/D in the JB3 is not the best.  

if you have the means to go the Laptop route, then this changes things altogether.  by all means, go with a Laptop.  get yourself a splitter, and you should have no trouble patching with a Laptop even.  build your rig up from there.  ;)

I can look into it, but i doubt i would be able to afford the laptop route. What would a starter type laptop cost around?

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2003, 04:20:39 PM »
talk to Nick Georges on this list or the Oade Board.  he is the King of making inexpensive Laptop rigs.  you can grab something off of Ebay and set it up just for Taping pretty reasonably.  probably cheaper than buying a DAT.  ;)    

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com