Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V3 ?  (Read 2538 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
V3 ?
« on: October 08, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »
I am looking to pick up a V3 and I see they output both 6v and 12v. What is the best one to pick up. I want to run it off of the same batt that I used for my UA5.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: V3 ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »
The 6v and 12v V3s are identical physically, they're simply calibrated differently.  What battery did you use for your UA5?

A 6v V3 will run on a >= 6v battery.  Only catch:  the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff features may not work properly because they're calibrated for a 6v SLA battery - specifically, low battery indicator set to trigger at 5.75v and auto-shutoff at 5v.  If you're using a battery with a low battery indicator, like the popular li-ion batteries, it's no big deal and not really necessary to recalibrate.

A 12v V3 battery will run on a >= 12v battery.  It will not run on a battery < 12v (e.g. 9v li-ion) because the low battery indicator is set to trigger at 11.5v and auto-shutoff at 10v.  In this case, you'll need to recalibrate.

To recalibrate, see the V3 voltage calibration PDF from Grace Design.

Bottom line:  6v should work straight away;  12v should also work, but may require calibration.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:56:49 PM »
I am use a Lithium Ion that I got from oade bro. What do most people use the 12 or the 6.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:59:03 PM by bl6216@yahoo.com »
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »
I am use a Lithium Ion that I got from oade bro.

Li-ion batteries come in many different voltages.  If it's > 6v, a 6v V3 will work fine straight away, but without low battery indicator or auto-shutoff features.  If it's < 12v, a 12v V3 will require calibration as noted previously.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 02:58:49 AM »
I am use a Lithium Ion that I got from oade bro. What do most people use the 12 or the 6.

6V if that Oade battery is a 9V Lithium.

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 03:55:17 AM »
Thanks to all who helped me on this.

-Brian

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com