Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Defective Universal Smart Charger? Look for blown fuse  (Read 2119 times)

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
Defective Universal Smart Charger? Look for blown fuse
« on: November 27, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »
<fix> The problem was the fuse.  About halfway down the cable that connects the battery to the charger is a small plastic container, inside of which was a 3amp fuse.  Mine was blown. Fortunately I was able to find the extra fuses that were shipped with the charger and replaced it.  Charger is now working normally. </fix>

About a year and a half ago I bought a universal smart charger to charge my 9.6v NiMH UA5 batteries. It worked fine until about a month ago when it stopped charging the batteries.  As soon as I plugged the batteries in, the light would flash green, then red, then back to green where it would stay. 

I tested the batteries with a multimeter and while they would occasionally get to 9.6v when charged, they wouldn't run for more than 30 minutes.  Thinking the problem was the batteries, I bought some new ones and they arrived a few days ago.  Right out of the box they checked in at 9.6v so I setup the UA5 and plugged in the batteries for a test.  Everything ran fine for about 30minutes until the phantom shut off.  I again tested the new battery and it checked in at 6.xx or 7.xx v(I can't remember which). So...I plugged it into the charger which immediately showed a green light. 

Is there something wrong with my charger?  The weird thing is that I have disconnected it a couple times while it has been on the charger and tested with the multimeter and the voltage is creeping up but I'm worried it will be like the old batteries and not run for any longer than 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 08:59:14 AM by cmoorevt »

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Defective Universal Smart Charger? Look for blown fuse
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 08:59:29 AM »
Good point.  Done.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com