Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

ORTF + Central Omni thread at GS

(1/4) > >>

EmRR:
Interesting thread at Gearslutz, probably something similar here I’ve missed.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/remote-possibilities-in-acoustic-music-and-location-recording/1277125-ortf-central-omni.html

aaronji:
Gutbucket has posted on this, and other, configurations in his "OMT" threads (and elsewhere).

[EDIT: Here's a link to part two of those threads. A lot to wade though, though. I will try to find a more pertinent link, if you'd like.]

EmRR:

--- Quote from: aaronji on September 01, 2019, 05:48:51 PM ---Gutbucket has posted on this, and other, configurations in his "OMT" threads (and elsewhere).

[EDIT: Here's a link to part two of those threads. A lot to wade though, though. I will try to find a more pertinent link, if you'd like.]

--- End quote ---

Couple of ORTF mentions on pages 9, 10, 11, 17.  Some others in part 1. 

I don't find that in the pdf's, or remember it in the threads.  Anyway, some interesting other comments there.

jerryfreak:
ive done some experimenting with this with mini dpa supercards and omnis

prepschoolalumniblues:
Thanks for sharing this thread. Would love to hear more from people who have experimented with both spaced omnis + center card(s) and ORTF-ish cards + center omni(s). I know e.g. Gutbucket is a big proponent of the former so it’s interesting to see some folks on another board advocate for the latter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version