Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Onstage Stand Reccomendations?  (Read 5867 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Onstage Stand Reccomendations?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
On-Stage Stands is also a company name...

http://www.onstagestands.com/catalog/home/browse/grp/GRP000020

Not the best quality stands but you may find they offer one to suit your needs.

I have one of these On-Stage Stands...  works great...  It stands about 3feet or so, and folds up nice and small... 

I found it at a local used music store for about $10...  I also think its the base of one of the On-Stage boom set-ups, without the boom, and that's why I got it so cheap... 

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
I found it at a local used music store for about $10...  I also think its the base of one of the On-Stage boom set-ups, without the boom, and that's why I got it so cheap... 

Those are so common, I don't see the point in paying shipping.  And like you said, $10....   A steal!  Just be sure and have your 5/8 to 3/8 adapts, etc.

Regarding the booms, I have two.  One does not collapse and is not that useful.  Other other is a three section and is really handy.

I've always wanted to get one of those lightweight bogen stands.. But my $15 on-stage stand, with shortened legs, and telescoping boom, works great.  It does things the bogen can't.  I've recorded hundreds of shows with it.  When I want it to go really tall, I just add extensions and maybe use a couple of connected superclamps to side clamp it to something.  I hardly get my big light stand out anymore.

I think a lot of folks looking for small and medium stands make the mistake of overlooking these great, cheap and local alternatives.

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
I've found a eaasy solution by taking an old cheap video stand and putting a 3/8 bolt on the top.  It's short yet with the extendible legs it can be used part on and part off of a stage (if it's not too high) or can reach about 5' if needed.  I had a stand laying around but I bet you could find one used for 5 bucks.  Drill a hole and stick a bolt with two nuts on it and you're done. 

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 11:48:12 AM »
I use these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/dmk2-Backlight-Backgroud-Stand-New-/120770538042?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e7c2a3a
They were very cheap, light weight and pretty durable plus they hold my heavy ADK-tl's just fine with a rapid adapter. I've used these every weekend almost for over a year now and they still work like new.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com