Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: please help with seeding to etree  (Read 2767 times)

Offline nor-cal henry

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
please help with seeding to etree
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
Hello...I'm looking to upload some shows from High Sierra last weekend, and I have hit a brick wall with respect to uploading/seeding to etree.

I have uploaded to LMA in the past with no problem.  I have downloaded torrents with no problem.  I have read the sticky on the Kickdown Central page about "seeding my recordings using bit torrent."

I am comfortable with everything that I have done (make flacs, info file, folder structure, filling out form on etree's upload page, and downloading the torrent file) up to the point where I actually seed.  My understanding is that after I upload the torrent file to etree, I then download that same torrent file from the etree dialog, and open it to start seeding.  I am using Bit Torrent 7.8, and whenever I open the torrent file that I download from etree, Bit Torrent just sits there in "finding peers" mode, like it's trying to download instead of upload. 

Bottom line:  I feel like I'm doing everything right, but I can't get the files to seed.  Am I missing something?  I should note that we live way out in the country, so we are on Hughesnet Gen4.  Most certainly not broadband in the cable/dsl sense, but I as stated above, I have been able to upload other shows (not torrents) with no problem.  I'm pretty happy with my Anders Osborne recording (among others), and I'd like to get them uploaded.

Thanks in advance -

Henry

Offline teemell

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: please help with seeding to etree
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
do you have a link to the torrent?

how long do you leave it up?
it could just be no one has tried to download it yet, therefore you are not uploading anything.

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
Are you on a mac or PC?  Seeding could be being blocked by your firewall or anti virus software.

Offline Toke

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »
How are you creating the .torrent file?  I use traders little helper, but I'm sure there are many ways.  I know that you can't change anything after creating the .torrent.  If you even change a tag of the .txt file everyone will get stuck at 99%.  I use mTorrent, and I have to do the 'update tracker' sometimes to get it going.  Even then, sometimes etree takes a bit (10 minutes or so) before it shows there is one seed.

Offline nor-cal henry

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »
Ok, thanks...I am using Trader's Little Helper to create the torrent file.  I am aware of the 99% rule, so I have been careful not to change anything covered by the torrent.  I am on a PC, and I do not have any type of custom firewall or security program that is active.

After I send the torrent file to etree, it says that it won't appear on their site until I seed.  Here's the message that I get:

Successfully uploaded!
You can start seeding now. Note that the torrent won't be visible until you do that!

So, if I just leave Bit Torrent open for a while, will it start uploading on its own?  Frustrated that I can't figure this out. 

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
So, if I just leave Bit Torrent open for a while, will it start uploading on its own?  Frustrated that I can't figure this out.

Yes, it should as long as the torrent file is open in Bit Torrent.  That said though, for me with the client I use (Transmission) I have to wait a few minutes after I upload to etree to actually open the torrent file to seed.  It has something to do with the tracker being created with etree I believe.  Not sure if that is applicable here.

Also, its possible that your computer might just automatically be blocking Bit Torrent.  Might be worth just double checking.  If you go to your firewall settings you can allow individual programs through.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com