Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audience/Comedian Recording  (Read 5417 times)

Offline andrewspano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Audience/Comedian Recording
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
i really appreciate your help but i dont understand aword u guys are saying... dont kno what mixer, slighting, channels or any of this stuff means lol  help me out.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
i really appreciate your help but i dont understand aword u guys are saying... dont kno what mixer, slighting, channels or any of this stuff means lol  help me out.

OK

What do you want to be able to do with this recording? Send it to perspective clients? If so I suggest hiring someone to do this. Because if you don't understand what a mixer is you don't have a chance in hell of pulling this off. No offence.. But I am not a comedian.. So me trying to do stand up would be like asking you to do sound.. When I want someone funny I pay them. When you want a pro recording done you pay them. The only other way to do this is to get a friend to sit in the audience and use a recorder like a RO9HR With the limiter set to the "on" position and then sync it up with video later on or run a line out of the headphone output into the line input of the camera. Again if you don't understand all this then I suggest hiring a professional. If how ever you are like me and like learning about things.. Get this book The Yamaha sound reinforcement handbook available here : http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Reinforcement-Handbook-Yamaha-Products/dp/0881889008

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline andrewspano

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »
No offense taken, I completely understand what you are saying... thanks a lot for your input I will read that book and if I still don't get it I will just hire someone.  Hopefully, this book will teach me everything I need to know... I hope it is SuperNewb Friendly haha.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 12:29:46 AM »
No offense taken, I completely understand what you are saying... thanks a lot for your input I will read that book and if I still don't get it I will just hire someone.  Hopefully, this book will teach me everything I need to know... I hope it is SuperNewb Friendly haha.

No one source will teach you "everything" I  think its cool you want to try and tackle this your self.. I suggest strongly trying to rent gear first then decide what you need / like then buy.. I would really try the RO9HR on a stand with the limiter on. That might get you in the ballpark. AGAIN audio is subjective... If you lived in Canada and lived near me I could show you the fundamentals and get you doing good recordings quickly.. You need to make friends with a good sound engineer. In your area who is willing to walk you through it. It might be worth your while to hire someone for a show who is easy going and willing to explain things and teach you. This is a hands on deal.. A book will only help you so much.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline andrewspano

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
thanks so much.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com