Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Thicker heatshrink?

(1/1)

voltronic:
I recently did a cable build, and the heatshrink I ordered from Redco turned out to be quite thin once installed.  Does anyone know who sells the nice thick stuff?  Parts Express?  Markertek?

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: voltronic on December 26, 2018, 08:46:43 AM ---I recently did a cable build, and the heatshrink I ordered from Redco turned out to be quite thin once installed.  Does anyone know who sells the nice thick stuff?  Parts Express?  Markertek?

--- End quote ---

I've never used it for mic cables, but if you have one handy, git on down to Harbor Freight Tool. Various sizes, and IIRC, pretty thick stuff

voltronic:

--- Quote from: lsd2525 on December 26, 2018, 11:57:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: voltronic on December 26, 2018, 08:46:43 AM ---I recently did a cable build, and the heatshrink I ordered from Redco turned out to be quite thin once installed.  Does anyone know who sells the nice thick stuff?  Parts Express?  Markertek?

--- End quote ---

I've never used it for mic cables, but if you have one handy, git on down to Harbor Freight Tool. Various sizes, and IIRC, pretty thick stuff

--- End quote ---

I do have one nearby.  I'll check out their stuff - thanks!

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: voltronic on December 26, 2018, 03:17:05 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I do have one nearby.  I'll check out their stuff - thanks!

--- End quote ---

Hope I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase. It's certainly cheap enough. Hell, buy a pack for $1 and get one of those free flashlights. I always keep a couple in my rig bag. Good luck!!!

ThePiedPiper:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That's where we get ours from. Nice assortment and selection of sizes and colors. Good sturdy stuff with a great shrink % as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version