Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quick Sony D8 mic-in vs. line-in question  (Read 1478 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Quick Sony D8 mic-in vs. line-in question
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »
I can't believe I am asking this, but I may have to break out my CSBs tonight and am wondering what the maximum input on a D8 is when I am running them mic-in.  I may not be able (or want to) get close enough to the stage to run line-in, but I will give it a try.  I use the low sensitivity switch, right?  I remember it works as a kind of attenuator.  I see that the -12 is highlighted, is that the maximum I can run when mic-in?

Thanks in advance!  I may be running CSB > D8.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
Re: Quick Sony D8 mic-in vs. line-in question
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:23:29 PM »
Go line in anway.  I did 2 recordings with CSBs > D8 a long time ago (had some sort of battery box in there) and they turned out HORRIBLE.  One was Jesus Jones in a College Gym that wasn't loud at all and the other was Ben Folds solo (just him an a piano) and both had tons of distortion.  That was in a 2 day span and my first time using the DAT so I might have had some other factors contributing, but they sounded horrible and I moved on to using Line In and had MUCH better results.
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com