Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Second recorder to compliment R-09HR  (Read 6013 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Second recorder to compliment R-09HR
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 04:58:27 PM »
If dig-in isn't a deal killer, how'bout a second 09HR?  Something to be said for identical recorders.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline auto_pilot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
If dig-in isn't a deal killer, how'bout a second 09HR?  Something to be said for identical recorders.

I've been very pleased with my R-09HR since I bought it. Apart from that massive red flashing light on the front, but I've got used to leaving the recorder in my pocket for a few seconds after I've pressed record.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 06:12:02 PM »
Apart from that massive red flashing light on the front..

Recently posted out how to turn it off on the original R-09. A square of black gaffer tape worked for the past 4 years. Anyone figure out how to access these menus on the HR yet?
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline listener2

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »
I don't know if anyone has tried on the Edirol R-09HR yet, but I found that on my new Roland R-05 which seems very very similar to the R-09HR (and R-09) firmware, that if you press the "A/B-Spit" button and the "Menu" button at the same time the menu will be displayed with an extra choice selection.  This trick works with the Edirol R-09 with latest firmware v1.31 and it also works on the new Roland R-05.  Try it on the R-09HR and see if you get the extra settings choices.  One of them might be to disable the record indicator light when in record mode.  Those who have an R-09HR, try it and see if it has this hidden menu.

Offline auto_pilot

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 02:52:38 AM »
I don't know if anyone has tried on the Edirol R-09HR yet, but I found that on my new Roland R-05 which seems very very similar to the R-09HR (and R-09) firmware, that if you press the "A/B-Spit" button and the "Menu" button at the same time the menu will be displayed with an extra choice selection.  This trick works with the Edirol R-09 with latest firmware v1.31 and it also works on the new Roland R-05.  Try it on the R-09HR and see if you get the extra settings choices.  One of them might be to disable the record indicator light when in record mode.  Those who have an R-09HR, try it and see if it has this hidden menu.

Yeah! R-09HR has an extra 'special setup' option, amongst others. Looks to have off switches for the LEDs, for starters.

NB - when i first did this, I thought it hadn't worked because the options were the same as on the original Menu. The new options are hidden off the bottom of the screen, scroll down.

Nice, thank you.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:20:10 AM by auto_pilot »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com