Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bass Roll-Off/Fixed Response/Fixed Flat Response, what's the difference?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline bmr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Pearl Jam Bit Torrents
Just getting my feet wet taping, only done one show, but I already know I'd like to upgrade from my Core Sound LCSCs. The popular opinion in these parts seems to favor the SPs over the Cores, but I've been more than satisfied with what I've heard from the better quality CS mics and I'd like to upgrade those.

That said, I'll need a battery box for whatever I move up to (probably the stealth cards)...but I'm confused on the difference between the various types of battery boxes out there.

I get the switchable bass roll-off concept, and what I believe to be the opposite of that, the fixed bass roll-off box...but the fixed flat response, I don't understand; is that just implying that there's no roll-off, and the box just works as a power provider (and does nothing to the bass)?

For the record, I plan on doing the majority of my taping in san diego clubs...one's a 150-person club, the other a 550-person club. I know this isn't the mic forum, but if you'd like to kill two birds with one stone for me, do you guys have any mic recommendations for a guy running into a minidisc for now with eventual hopes of upgrading to a NJB3 or like product when they finally have the reliability of dat, with the mic price range around the $150-250 area? I'd like to go nicer, but cost is a factor at the moment so I'm forcing myself to stay within that quality/price range.

Any advice, answers, or beauty tips would be greatly appreciated. I kinda stumbled upon this forum, been lurking for a couple days soaking up knowledge, and was kicking myself for not finding this place sooner. Great thing ya got going here.

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Hey bmr -  the fixed flat would just be the battery box and proper cable terminations, no bass effect, as you guessed.

I also live in SD - send me a private message and I might be able to help with some other questions - and I may know the venues you are going to be frequenting...

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
I will always pimp the SP-CMC-2s and 4s with the battery box w/ switchable bass roll-off for indoor venues and your budget

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com