Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: When 😈ing are you straight....or not so much?  (Read 12735 times)

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
Re: When 😈ing are you straight....or not so much?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 05:06:33 PM »
reply #2 ..... I've got hundreds of recordings where within 5 minutes of the performance ending I bolt straight to the bathroom to relieve myself all suited up in the human mic stand costume and now captured for posterity for anyone whoever gets a hold of my unedited master files. What are you gonna do? When nature calls.

Me too.  That's always edited out.  Go full camel mode until show is done.

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 12:53:49 AM »
No drinking, don't want to have to pee
Although I do usually have a buddy bring me a double whiskey with about 30 minutes left in the show.

That's  how it's done. 👍
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline microburst

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 05:55:31 AM »
I remember hearing and laughing about a tape where the *wink* Taper went and used the bathroom during the show...  but too many beers have erased anything more than a brief "I think"...

Good times...

Terry

I’m my twenties I had to hit the can twice during shows (1 Robert Plant and 1 Ahmad Jamal) and once pissed in an empty beer cup at my seat in a large theatre type show and nobody seemingly noticed.  After s couple hundred I don’t stealth much anymore

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »
I do recall the story about a taper making an utter fool of himself at a Black Crowes show on pills and alcohol.  No names to protect the guilty, but I think a few others have heard the story.

Going back to the drinking part of this.  I can't count the number of times friends want to meet at a bar beforehand for food and drinks and do not understand  >:D tapers have a job to do.  For the Nick Mason show in LA I had 3 separate offers.  After seeing the show the night before, waking up driving 6 hours the absolute last thing I would do is  want to drink before a show.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 01:32:36 PM »
If it's a hot day, you gotta have some water, and you'll sweat it out before you gotta pee if you sip slowly (one sip per song.)

No snacks with crinkly wrappers! No crunchy snacks to chew with mics on your head!

I have one recording I made where I'm like WTF is that crunching sound? Later, I remembered it was the song where I had a snack, like a almond bar or something. d'oh!

Alcohol before a show is a terrible idea, but I love FOBSTL's cocktail plan. Best idea yet.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »
I'm at the place to enjoy myself. That involves at least a couple of drinks and some smoke. I know not to overindulge because the Tiny Town sheriff is always on the prowl at 1 am and needs very little reason to pull you over. My insurance rates do not need a DUI

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »
Ah, the memories.  :lol: I was at this show.
From the horse's mouth, more or less.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=19255.msg242845#msg242845

A little further down that same page...
...should ring a bell or two for someone.  ;)
if you're gonna hat it, jackass, don't drink. worst thing ever. I'd absolutely flatten someone on the spot for pissing themselves at a show, or pissing on the floor.

Ah gotta love old quotes. Now I’d just laugh and stay away from the puddle.😀

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline Scooter123

• "I am not an alcoholic. I am a drunk. Drunks don't go to meetings."
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 05:52:40 PM »
Taping is serious shit with me.  I never get stoned, I never drink alcohol.  I barely sip water.  I never leave my seat.  There is time enough for getting high after the show. 

I have had issues carrying around the gear at the snack stand, in bathrooms, or just walking around.  Some venues have roving security folks on the lookout for gear or suspicious activity, so it is just best to stay sober, stay dry and stay in your seat. 
Regards,
Scooter123

mk41 > N Box  > Sony M-10
mk4 > N Box > Sony M-10

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 07:00:07 PM »
^ sounds like tons of fun! :yack:

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 08:52:24 PM »
Taping is serious shit with me.  I never get stoned, I never drink alcohol.  I barely sip water.  I never leave my seat.  There is time enough for getting high after the show. 

I have had issues carrying around the gear at the snack stand, in bathrooms, or just walking around.  Some venues have roving security folks on the lookout for gear or suspicious activity, so it is just best to stay sober, stay dry and stay in your seat.

This ^^^^ of two times I tried taping high I fucked one awesome show up.  Again I echo there is time enough after the show to get fucked up.
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »

My only rule is no booze or meth.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »

My only rule is no booze or meth.

So unlimited PCP, heroin and bath salts?    :bigsmile:

No drinking during the show but after a stressful  >:D show I have been know to drink some folks under the table if I am at a hotel.   I still recall the Clapton Vegas show with my security run in.  I was amped up after that one and after the show we sat down in a hotel bar. My friends left me after I downed 3 doubles in succession.  I stayed for a few more rounds before I could sleep.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »
Are you trying to say stealthing might turn me gay? :P

Seriously though...if I'm wearing the mics liquid stops going into me a few hours before doors and a pee as much as possible to avoid having an issue. I love beer so it's hard not to partake, but I've had some emergencies in the past and they aren't pleasant.

Recently I've given up the ideal spot for some shows (mainly bands that don't put on that great of shows) and run the rig off my body (usually the front row of the balcony. Just did that last weekend and it was nice to be able to get up grab a beer and take a wiz whenever I wanted (was with friends so they could watch the rig.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 03:45:28 AM »
Anyone else remember the tapers with shirts printed with "Death before dishonor, drugs before lunch"?

Ah, the bad old days...
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »
Those were the Grateful Dead taping section days.  Then it was who could get the most wasted it seemed.  I still remember a Greek Theater show when a taper with a PCM-F1 and TLM 170's hooked something up wrong and next thing I saw was smoke rising from his gear.    Running  >:D none of that works.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.238 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com