Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stands/Setup  (Read 2869 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Stands/Setup
« on: April 27, 2004, 01:16:24 AM »
OK, here is the question of the moment for me:

I need to get a stand for my audio stuff.  First off, is there a reccomended company to look at- my stuff is pretty heavy.

I have a DAC, Pre, DVD Transport, and Amp all to place and eventually I want to add another Amp for biamping purposes.  

Also,

Does anyone use those points for the bottom of their gear?  I see them all over the place, but not sure if they are worth the cash.

Thanks,

Jonny

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Stands/Setup
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 08:38:08 AM »
Build a TNT Flexy! I did it the week before I moved and just brought all the finished parts with me to assemble it.
Out of the game … for now?

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 08:44:06 AM »
this is going to sound really bad, but with the time frame im on, i want to get something that doesnt require me searching all around for stuff, even if i have to pay more.  that unit looks really nice (the first link on google brought me right to it) but i just dont have the time to build it and find all the parts.

I have under 2 weeks to graduation, 6 days of which im spending traveling.  The days I'm not traveling I'm taking finals or working on my thesis.  Then I have to be in DC 5 days after I graduate.  Then 8 days after that school starts again- between that schedule and trying to move in to my place in DC I don't think building it in any reasonable amount of time seems feasible.  now if you wanted to build one for me :-)

Offline Tim

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
Build a TNT Flexy! I did it the week before I moved and just brought all the finished parts with me to assemble it.

that's pretty cool... thanks!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 10:40:49 PM »
If you think that's cool, check out how GOOD they can look!

http://members.cox.net/~tonyptx/homeaudio/flexyrack/

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 10:44:07 PM »
hey matt, wanna build me one :-)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 10:50:38 PM »
If you have the tools, it'd be a fun project. You just need one sunny weekend and time to kill. I used 18x24" boards with a light-colored stain and wax. I think I used 3 coats of stain. When you get in the area you're welcome to see my results. Not quite as good as that guy's!

The boards were actually 24x36" but I had them cut in half. Do yourself a favor and make sure that cut is made well and both halves are really halves! I had them do it at home depot b/c I didn't have a circular saw and that edge is still messed up, even after sanding forever.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com