Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problem getting some recordings out of the Creative JB3  (Read 2552 times)

Offline OMA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Problem getting some recordings out of the Creative JB3
« on: February 13, 2010, 10:04:18 PM »
I'm having a little problem with some of the recordings I've made with my JB3. All Creative software I've used says I haven't enough space free to save some large WAV recordings, but I'm positive I have enough free space both in my destination drive and in the drive that holds the %TEMP% folder (I know the Creative software uses the TEMP folder before moving to the final destination).

So what's going on here? Why I'm being told I don't have enough space with those files? I've been able to get other large files from my JB3. But I have this problem with some of them.

I'm having this problem with every program Creative offers: PlayCenter, MediaSource and Nomad Explorer :(

Any ideas?

Offline gdplusmore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Problem getting some recordings out of the Creative JB3
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:11:07 PM »
I would try transferring from USB and Firewire connection
NAK CM-300's  -> CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->SonyD5
NAKCM-300's ->  CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->MX-100-->NJB3
NAK CM-100's  -> CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->SonyD5
NAKCM-100's ->  CP4's,CP-3's,CP2's,CP1's ->MX-100-->NJB3
Sony PCM-M10  (looking at stealth mic options)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
Try using the open source alternative programs.  The creative software is weak.  I used gnomad when I was recording with a jb3.

And once you get everything off,  format your jb3.  For many reasons, I don't think it is a good practice to delete recordings from recorders.. The fragmentation that results is bad for many reasons.

Offline sunjan

• Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:21:15 AM »
Try using the open source alternative programs.  The creative software is weak.  I used gnomad when I was recording with a jb3.

Or if you're on Windows, take a look at Sveta (use the search here for more choices).
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

runonce

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:07:49 AM »
I dont know much about Windows and the User accounts...it it possible you have to be logged in at administrator-level for this thing to work? I think the minority of folks use user accounts - so maybe?

It doesnt sound like you are having connection problems - in general - as you mention transferring other files...

Possible impending HD failure...?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:10:33 AM by runonce »

Offline OMA

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:07:24 PM »
It doesn't seem like an HD failure, since I can listen to the files from the unit. But it seems there is some problem in the unit's end (maybe a firmware bug?), because I'm not able to get those files out using other third party tools like the mentioned Sveta (I get the message: "'LINE 2004-09-11 21:43:08.WAV' Cannot be Retrieved") or the Winamp portable devices feature (it just shows the word "Error").
BTW, I'm running as an admin user.

I wouldn't like having to extract hours of audio using realtime analog recording...

Maybe it's something related with the Windows JB3 driver? (all JB3 tools ultimately depend on it).

Does Gnomad work from a Linux live CD? I can't install Linux because I can't see anything on screen unless using "graphics safe mode".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:23:48 PM by OMA »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »
Do you have all the latest versions of the application, firmware and software? The ts reference section has what I think are the latest versions. Perhaps try reinstalling them?
Do you have access to a different computer you could try transferring to, then burn a disc and trasfer to your computer and using the disc as a hard-copy for archival purposes?

http://www.taperssection.com/reference/software/jb3/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com