Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone starting encounter digital mixers in the wild?  (Read 11165 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone starting encounter digital mixers in the wild?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 12:33:52 PM »
Surprising how similiar the Behringher layout is to the Allen & Heath

runonce

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Surprising how similiar the Behringher layout is to the Allen & Heath

Lovin it!

Finally got the recording part working also!

kirk97132

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 01:22:17 PM »
Recording to thumb drive?

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »

niiiiiice
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

runonce

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »

No - PC...I used Reaper...had some issues - worked - but I think I messed up the session somehow - so tracks from one take are in another take...not sure what I did.

But I recorded enough to give me some fodder for experimentation - and making refinements for next week.

I think the USB recorder is limited to 16 tracks...but I think if you buss stuff around properly - you can squeeze a few more in.

I am also hearing a whistle though my PC playback...guessing (well hoping!) that just might be the crappy soundcard in this PC.
Its very low - and not particularly noticeable unless its a quiet passage at high volume.

runonce

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
First rough render...just trying to understand workflow here...not really a mix to show off - just trying to figure out how stuff works...

But still sounds ok!

http://www.rovingsign.com/opry/opry.m3u

kirk97132

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 12:51:17 PM »

No - PC...I used Reaper...had some issues - worked - but I think I messed up the session somehow - so tracks from one take are in another take...not sure what I did.

But I recorded enough to give me some fodder for experimentation - and making refinements for next week.

I think the USB recorder is limited to 16 tracks...but I think if you buss stuff around properly - you can squeeze a few more in.

I am also hearing a whistle though my PC playback...guessing (well hoping!) that just might be the crappy soundcard in this PC.
Its very low - and not particularly noticeable unless its a quiet passage at high volume.
Question, it sounds like you are saying that you could go USB out of the Behringher to USB in on computer, is that correct?  One reason I am very interested is a guy I work for had bought an X-32 this summer but he is not comfortable enough on it to use it yet...but I know we will be using it and I am usually recording most bands that I mix when I work with him.  So, USB to USB would be super simple easy.  If it was USB >USB did you have to buy a card or anything like that to do USB?  If it wasn't how did you get signal into the PC?  I have presonous, Foucusrite and Behringher 8 channel preamps, but all mine are FW pre's and no FW on my laptop.  Thanks in advance

runonce

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »

Question, it sounds like you are saying that you could go USB out of the Behringher to USB in on computer, is that correct?  One reason I am very interested is a guy I work for had bought an X-32 this summer but he is not comfortable enough on it to use it yet...but I know we will be using it and I am usually recording most bands that I mix when I work with him.  So, USB to USB would be super simple easy.  If it was USB >USB did you have to buy a card or anything like that to do USB?  If it wasn't how did you get signal into the PC?  I have presonous, Foucusrite and Behringher 8 channel preamps, but all mine are FW pre's and no FW on my laptop.  Thanks in advance

It has both...there is a little USB port on the mix surface - this is the on-board recorder, and is used to import and export scenes. I think its limited to 16 channels. Just plug in a stick and go.

And - it has a built-in 32 channel USB/Firewire interface - these jacks are on the back.

To use the USB Recording interface - You need the USB Driver from the website....And then select the ASIO driver in Reaper - and that was pretty much it.

Behringer has something called "X32-Edit" - but this is more a way to per-configure the board/show on a PC.

I used Windows 7 laptop - seemed to work easily.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com