Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Internal mics question  (Read 64665 times)

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Southern Shelter
Re: Internal mics question
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »
this recording is a *perfect* example of why I would never, ever spend a dime on Schoepps mics, or use a mic stand.

what an utterly, muddy burpy mess.

everything to the left of 400hz is jumping up to +10-+12dB, then by the time you get to 1khz, the entire spectrum struggles to hit -12dB (nee: no mids or highs)

it *could* be fixed with some moderate EQ, but as is, what a waste.

smh:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=594883
I downloaded this and improved it with a few minutes work. That can be done because it's made with good microphones. Even untouched it sounds far better than any of the Sonics or internals garbage you post here. I know you're too stupid to understand any of this (or the sonic effects of a microphone stand  :lol:), I'm leaving this here for others.

yeah, but who in their right mind would put it out sounding like that?

for shame.
I dunno. Some moron runs a bass cut at 80hz in the field in 2017, so you never know what people will do and why.

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:02 AM »
whoops, in my sleep deprived state, I missed something....lumped the show from the 7th in with the 8th

Black Crowes    The Magpie Salute 2017-09-07 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, Schoeps MK5 (cardioid) > Nbob > Naiant PFA > EAA PSP2 > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade SuperMod)    [download]    26    13    09/09 11:18    834.09 MB    111 times    19    0    tedyun
Other    The Magpie Salute 2017-09-07 San Francisco (Steve Hagar master)    [download]    28    10    09/08 22:49    815.99 MB    199 times    36    2    dorrcoq

shitty Sonics recording from the balcony was posted first, and has 80 more snatches than the Schoeps posted 2nd.

but then the shitty Sonics recording from the balcony the 2nd night was posted 2nd, and *still* has 30+ more pulls than the DPA's.

now why would that be?

would it be that the Sloan's and daspy's of the world are big fat liars?

sure looks that way from here  ;D ;D ;D
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Southern Shelter
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
I never spoke to your number of downloads, dipshit.

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
I love only seeing his bullshit when someone quotes it.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2017, 11:16:15 AM »
I love only seeing his bullshit when someone quotes it.

I agree.  If I was to use furby logic about number of downloads my Clapton must be the best.  It already has almost 400 downloads in 18 hours.  More than his entire run of shows.  That is just one night.  I know better, more people want to hear Clapton than anyone Furby records.   

Wonder where his Winwood recording is.  I have a show from the same venue last time around, but then that would not be a valid comp because the sound was so much better or worse this time depending on the idiotic logic he is trying to prove. 

Steve Winwood 8/29/14 Wells Fargo Center Santa Rosa Ca
https://we.tl/1pUsk8UHPZ
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:18:03 AM by daspyknows »

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »
Somebody please program a VST plugin that emulates this vintage Tascam internals + Kenwood EQ sound... I bet it would be a huge success with team Schoeps (and everybody else who runs an 'elitist' rig).

Offline tedyun

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2017, 01:39:29 PM »
Aww -- shucks, me?

I humbly accept the Miss Congeniality award! I would like to thank the tapers across the world that have inspired me to duct-tape mic capsules and a delrin bar onto a baseball cap then stand quiet and motionless in the middle of a crowd who are otherwise dancing, singing, screaming, clapping and having a good time, and oh yeah, I see taping as a way to end hunger and establish world peace and I can only hope that other tapers all the way from Alaska down the coast to the Bay Area will look to me and say, "hey, we can get along!" despite differences in microphones, mic placements, preamps, DACs, recorders, musical tastes and download count!

Thank you!

Thank you!

I love you all!

finally, one last little morsel of thought for all you spent idiots

my source for this was put up *LAST*, yet has 35 more pulls than the DPA's and 60 more than the Schoeps....

why is that (nothing against Alex OR Ted, both great guys, though I'd give the nod to Ted for congeniality)...but aren't DPA's AND Schoeps s'posed to be *better* than my shitty Sonics?

AND aren't etree'rs more discerning in their choices?

Other    The Magpie Salute 2017-09-08 San Francisco (Steve Hagar master)    [download]    41    12    09/09 22:32    937.75 MB    170 times    35    1    dorrcoq
Black Crowes    The Magpie Salute - Sept. 8, 2017 - San Francisco (DPA 4023)    [download]    25    7    09/09 12:30    1.022 GB    135 times    27    1    vwmule
Black Crowes    The Magpie Salute 2017-09-07 The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, Schoeps MK5 (cardioid) > Nbob > Naiant PFA > EAA PSP2 > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade SuperMod)    [download]    26    13    09/09 11:18    834.09 MB    111 times    17    0    tedyun

uploaded last, shittiest mics, and the most pulls.

oldhead expensive-mic glorifiers sure aren't good at math.

and, as always, it mothafuckin' shows.
Mics: B&K 4011, Schoeps MK5 (Nbobs, Naiant PFA), Busman BSC-1 (K11/K21/K31/K41 caps), Church CA-14 (o, c), Church CAFS, Core Sound Binaurals
Pre: EAA PSP-2,  Lunatec V3, Nbox-Platinum, Church CA-9200
ADC: Mytek 192 ADC, Oade Mod SBM-1
Rec: Oade Supermod PMD-661, Tascam DR60D, M-Audio MicroTrack II, Korg MR-1 (32GB SSD mod); Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R09HR; iRiver HP-120
Photo: Canon 5D3, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8, Canon EF 35mm f1.4L Canon EF 24-70 f2.8L MkI, Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS MkI, Canon EF 50 mm f1.4, Canon EF 50 f1.2L, Canon EF 300 f/4L IS, Canon EF 100-400 f4-5.6L IS MkI
Video: Canon HF100

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2017, 12:57:51 AM »
Aww -- shucks, me?

I humbly accept the Miss Congeniality award! I would like to thank the tapers across the world that have inspired me to duct-tape mic capsules and a delrin bar onto a baseball cap then stand quiet and motionless in the middle of a crowd who are otherwise dancing, singing, screaming, clapping and having a good time, and oh yeah, I see taping as a way to end hunger and establish world peace and I can only hope that other tapers all the way from Alaska down the coast to the Bay Area will look to me and say, "hey, we can get along!" despite differences in microphones, mic placements, preamps, DACs, recorders, musical tastes and download count!

Thank you!

Thank you!

I love you all!

Ted is a good dood...humble, kind, and was a pleasure to meet him.

I'm just pointing out simple facts:

if, in fact, Schoeps/DPA's/pick your favorite fancy-schmancy mic are so good, why are the discerning etree'rs downloading my shitty Sonics recordings much more often?

is it the "dime logic" that no one cares.

or is it that my recordings are actually pretty damn good?   

common sense says "b" is the correct answer.

bottom line: fancy mics are NOT necessary to obtain an excellent capture.

#numbersdontlie.....#butDaspysuredoes

-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »

I dunno. Some moron runs a bass cut at 80hz in the field in 2017, so you never know what people will do and why.

yeah, and that moron gets more pulls that those who don't.

fuck you are one easy chicken, I'll give you that.

you might want to find an editor for your show notes, btw.....we already know math is not your strong suit, and from reading your notes, English is a struggle for you as well.
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2017, 01:03:00 AM »
the best part about taping the Fillmore shows was taping from the window night 1, having security say "we don't let ANYONE tape from up here, you have to go downstairs", then ***still getting my way anyways*** (ran stealth video as well).

escalated it all the way to the Fillmore manager, when the meathead mouthbreathing security dude got irritated with Chris and Alex...I started off by saying to him "perhaps we got off on the wrong foot", and he offered to get the manager if I'd agree with her decision....and OF COURSE Alaska got his way.

would LOVE to see a fool like daspy in that kind of a situation.

from a distance, of course. 

from the way he types, I doubt he brushes his teeth.
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2017, 01:03:44 AM »
I never spoke to your number of downloads, dipshit.

even if you do speak, no one listens.

just so you know.
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2017, 01:05:29 AM »
the 2nd best part about the TMS run was being given soundcheck access for the last 3 shows (and most likely from now on).

the band even likes my work.

but it still must be horrible :rollseyes:

that's the huge difference between actual music fans vs. people who are fans of themselves.

-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2017, 01:08:29 AM »

Off to tape Mavis and to make a better recording that you will ever make.  Just stating the obvious.

so where is it?

mines already up, and doing quite nicely.

I said fuck Winwood.....not really into that crusty oldhead shit that you hold so dear.

the Waits and Musselwhite guest spots at Mavis made that show the correct decision. had there not been a rain delay, I prolly would have done Winwood as well.

I utterly nailed 6 shows in 6 days, sitting in Seattle right now before doing it all again on the 24th.
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2017, 01:10:19 AM »
this recording is a *perfect* example of why I would never, ever spend a dime on Schoepps mics, or use a mic stand.

what an utterly, muddy burpy mess.

everything to the left of 400hz is jumping up to +10-+12dB, then by the time you get to 1khz, the entire spectrum struggles to hit -12dB (nee: no mids or highs)

it *could* be fixed with some moderate EQ, but as is, what a waste.

smh:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=594883
I downloaded this and improved it with a few minutes work. That can be done because it's made with good microphones. Even untouched it sounds far better than any of the Sonics or internals garbage you post here. I know you're too stupid to understand any of this (or the sonic effects of a microphone stand  :lol:), I'm leaving this here for others.

you are utterly retarded to say such garbage.

the above show is a muddy, no-high-end mess, and while it could be improved a bit, it's not even close to a "good" sound.

I'm sorry you waste so much money on microphones when it isn't necessary IF you know how  to tape.

clearly, you do not.

and it shows.
-------------

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2017, 01:14:11 AM »
Here's a gem by the master himself. Bow down to turdburglar. Sweet kenwood eq.  ::)
What happened, you get too spun, warfield too much for you? Jerry was laughing at you. :o
As we all do every time you speak. You literally give me douche chills every time you post
Just go away.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=594430

VS

http://db.etree.org/shn/12254

I can't stand Jerry Garcia, and it was utterly painful to watch all the stinky hippies twirling about in the aisles at that show. had already taped nearly 20 shows the month before, and was so not into his out-of-tune playing that it is one of less-than-five shows I've EVER walked out of early.

yes, Mick told me that the other source had fades between the songs, but he still wanted to upload it, and I trust his ear.

he said it sounded "just like being there".

and that's good enough for me.

not sure what you're really trying to say up there, but even an incomplete Jerry show from me gets 100+ snatches.
-------------

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com