Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony 3000ES REVIEW  (Read 20049 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Sony 3000ES REVIEW
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2005, 11:22:25 PM »
OK I think I understand what you talking about you are using the multi channel hook ups on the back instead of just a digitl cable(coax or Optical) right?

yeah, for cases where the player would not feed a digital signal... (SACD or consumer DVD-a), the analog inputs is what I was using...and the problem...the digital fed signal worked flawlessly

Jason B

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2005, 07:57:31 AM »
so does this mean that mine is faulty if it is sending out static to the rear channels while I am just trying to run 2.1?

I would say that there is something wrong with your unit. Though I don't normally run the sub for 2-channel music, I have several times with no static from the rears or surrounds. I own a 5000ES.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 06:49:29 PM by Jason B »

Offline Mojowill

• Educated, no. Stupid, yup.
  • YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2005, 05:02:32 PM »
It doesn't do it all the time only once in a while, I am still warming this thing up as i have only been home since wed to play it.
I'm a mean machine drinkin gasoline and honey you can make my motor hum.

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2005, 05:10:49 PM »
You may need some burn in.  I find with the several digital receivers I have used, they really don't open up all the way for about a month.
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2005, 08:26:48 PM »
your opinion can go up in flames, daryan. screw you.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2005, 08:42:34 PM »

i dont know what happened, and i really dont care...but this is just plain immature and really has no place...

it added NOTHING to the thread, nothing at all, if you have a problem with him, deal with it, but most people don't care to read about it, esp. in this format.
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2005, 09:02:31 PM »

i dont know what happened, and i really dont care...but this is just plain immature and really has no place...

it added NOTHING to the thread, nothing at all, if you have a problem with him, deal with it, but most people don't care to read about it, esp. in this format.

Normally I'd agree but Daryan deserves everything he gets.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2005, 09:11:11 PM »

don't know him or the situation, and not arguing that point at all.
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2005, 09:18:11 PM »

don't know him or the situation, and not arguing that point at all.

i respectfully disagree. i think you are arguing that point. normally i'd agree with you, but daryan is such a malignant schmuck that he deserves it in all contexts on taperssection.com. in real life, i don't know him, and i don't know personally if he deserves retaliatory shitbaggery...
but on the internet? he's got it coming. the cheating, lying son of a bitch is weaseling his sorry ass back in yet again. i vow to keep him in check as much as i possibly can. hence the sidetrack, razor.
back to your regularly scheduled reviewing! :)

Offline Tim

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2005, 11:44:09 AM »

what Nick said....

if you really don't know who Daryan is google his name and see what comes up in the various newsgroups, then search his name in DAT-Heads, and finally search his name here...

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Mojowill

• YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2005, 12:27:20 PM »
cough: Sony 3000ES, cough

I figured out my 2.1 problem and I had to readjust my Subs levels and phase and it now is thumping back up to it's old standards.  Loving this amp ;D :) :D

jpschust

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2005, 01:19:47 PM »
btw more and more we are finding that burn in has less of an effect than thought.  yes it has some effect, however essentially your ears have more effect as you grow more accustomed to the sound of the unit in your space.

Offline Mojowill

• YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2005, 11:29:17 PM »
All right now I am having difficulty getting surround sound to come from the back speakers.  I test toned it and they get signal, but during movies I know have sound coming from the speakers there is nothing also while I was test toning one of the speakers was extremely staticky so i am going to re wire that one, Any other help.  This is in 5.1 surround for movies.
Thanks

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2005, 02:33:56 PM »
Been reading about the ES series and was wondering if this is a "bright" receiver ?
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2005, 08:43:03 AM »
I've heard it described that way.
I think it depends greatly on your speakers....as well as your outlook on what you hear.
one mans bright may be another mans detail.

With my speakers...which are not bright...but big , bassy and just meaty sounding...the Sony comes through as detailed to a point ofrazor sharp.  a "honed" soune, if you will.

then again, knowing what my speakers sound like with other amps, I think my 3000es sounds lean.  A tad shy in the bottom end.  It can still dig down there when it needs to, but there is no upper to mid bass richness to it at all.
A tube amp would have all of that. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com