Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Going price for a PSP-2  (Read 6937 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Going price for a PSP-2
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »
Here is a pic that shows the scratch and the corrosion.

Kyle, you should really replace those corroded screws if you haven't already.  Corrosion causes more corrosion.  A good hardware store should have them.  Though they could be metric round heads and those would be harder to find.  If so, I'd just go with a regular allen with a washer (assuming you have clearance).  I think there may be some dissimilar metal issues in the psp2 that contribute to corrosion.

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »
Here is a pic that shows the scratch and the corrosion.

Kyle, you should really replace those corroded screws if you haven't already.  Corrosion causes more corrosion.  A good hardware store should have them.  Though they could be metric round heads and those would be harder to find.  If so, I'd just go with a regular allen with a washer (assuming you have clearance).  I think there may be some dissimilar metal issues in the psp2 that contribute to corrosion.

Richard,

Thank you very much for the tip. I had always wondered if the corrosion could get worse or case damage and the last thing I want to do is muck up my favorite pre. I will get on it!
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 08:10:25 PM »
Any big differences between the PSP-2 and PSP-3?? 

yes, the PSP-2 is a transformer based pre, while the PSP-3 is not.  both are very nice pre-amps, but sound pretty different from one another.

Interesting, so the PSP-2 is more sought after.  Why the change? 

not sure if psp3 was meant as a replacement as much as a different model/sound - i believe the 4 channel amp that the offer has the transformer in it - Carl Beck had one for a while, may still

Yep still have it, the Mix2000 but would buy a PSP2 if given the chance in a heartbeat for $750
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline manamana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 09:14:08 PM »
same here. $750 would be a no brainer for me

Trew audio had one in "excellent" condition a couple months ago for $375 CAD. I was a day late in contacting them about it.  That still pisses me off.
4022s > SX-M2 > Sony M10

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »

How much would you guys be willing to pay?  What would be the highest you would pay?
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »

How much would you guys be willing to pay?  What would be the highest you would pay?

Depends on how much money I had sitting around at the time. Right now considering I just sold my Portico I would probably spend retarded money for one but if I was broke I don't really know. I think they are worth $750 since they sound so awesome with my mic but to someone else who knows. I guess what would you be comfortable paying if you found one? Anywhere in the $650-$750 range is what they have been selling for, over that I guess it's a matter of how bad do you want one.

I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline manamana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 10:54:25 PM »
yeah, I guess much more than $800 and it starts to seem like you're getting ripped off. They are getting a little on the old side. Either way I'd have to be damn sure it was in great condition.
4022s > SX-M2 > Sony M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com