Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apogee Mini Me  (Read 18321 times)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Re: Apogee Mini Me
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2007, 09:55:35 AM »
Can someone tell me the range of gain applied for the low & high settings ? I can't seem to find it anywhere ...

Anyone ? I know the overall gain range is 12 - 65dB, just looking for the ranges in the low & high settings ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 10:01:58 AM »
I thought it was in the manual but I couldn't find it..  If you decide to call apogee and ask, it would also be interesting to know whether the low setting is done via attenuation.

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
I thought it was in the manual but I couldn't find it..  If you decide to call apogee and ask, it would also be interesting to know whether the low setting is done via attenuation.

Yeah the manual only has the overall gain range of 12-65dB but not the range of the low & high settings. In any case I did call Apogee and it seems as if their tech guy thought it would be in the manual as well. He even got in touch with one of the engineers who worked on the design of the minime, who also thought it was in the manual.
Sooooooo at this point he took my number down and said he will look into finding an answer. Unfortunately I forgot to ask him about whether the low setting is done by attenuation, hopefully when I get the call back I actually answer so I can throw that question at him as well, stay tuned ...

EDIT: Just got the callback and the "rough" ranges are as follows:

High setting: 30 - 65 dB
Low Setting: 10 - 45 dB

These were, as the tech told me, "rough" numbers as the manual does state a minimum of 12 db, hence the 10 dB on the low setting. Also he said the low setting is NOT done by attenuation.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:55:22 PM by silentmark »
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline saxophoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2007, 09:43:02 PM »
sorry to get of topic, but will the mini me run into a jb3?  thanks
microphones > a/d pre > recorder
Travis from Wisconsin

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »
sorry to get of topic, but will the mini me run into a jb3?  thanks

you will need an coax to optical converter ala hosa odl 276

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com