Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone use Tascam US-122L phantom power?  (Read 2187 times)

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Anyone use Tascam US-122L phantom power?
« on: June 30, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »
Has anyone had experience using the Tascam 122L for phantom power?  I ordered a set of Joe Meek 27's and was wondering how well they'll work with the Tascam.  It gets power by USB connection so I don't know how well it upconverts voltage (is that the right wording?).  I honestly can't afford too much so I'm going for the most bang for my budget.  I'm getting money for this stuff from a non steady side job so an old fashioned phantom supply is out of the question until more spare money comes in.  So what do you guys think?

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Anyone use Tascam US-122L phantom power?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 01:16:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure the new Tascam is the same (except for bitrate and SPDIF) as the model it replaced, which I have used for laptop taping. The P48 worked just fine with my SP C4s to record several shows. Suprisingly well actually.
I have a heavy duty 6 hr batt in my lappy so I can't say how running phantom is going to hurt your battery power but you should be fine with the Joe Meeks.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Anyone use Tascam US-122L phantom power?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 03:08:01 PM »
Cool.  I was just curious.  Most of the time I'll use the Meeks will be taping the same bluegrass outfit I do sound for.  So I'll usually be near a power outlet and won't have to worry about the battery.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com