Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mixpre 6 headphone preset issues  (Read 3465 times)

Offline down2earthlandscaper

• Gear Collector (Slut/Hoarder) and Multiple-Rig Maniac
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Taperssection Member
Mixpre 6 headphone preset issues
« on: October 16, 2018, 11:02:56 PM »
Really weird. When I am in the “edit Headphone presets” menu I am unable to deselect channels 5 or 6. I can select/deselect 1,2,3, or 4, but 5 and 6 (both left and right) will not clear for me. Does anyone else have this issue? Running latest firmware.
Mics: CA-14(cards & omnis) and CA-11(cards & omnis) ; AT853's(cards, hypers, mini shotguns); Busman BSC-1 (cards, hypers, omnis)
Nakamichi CM300's (CP-1,2,3,4) Nakamichi CM700's (cards, omnis)
Tascam PE-120's (cards, omnis) Countryman B2D
DPA 4061's DPA 4022's; DPA 4080; AKG 480 ck61 and ck63; Naiant AKG Active Cables
Preamps: CA-9100; Naiant Tinybox (12v/48v + PIP 8V); Naiant Littlebox;
DPA MPS6030; Sound Device Mix Pre-D
Decks: Mixpre 10T and 6; Roland R-07; Marantz PMD620; Sony PCM M10; Edirol R-4; Zoom H6; Marantz PMD-661; Sound Devices 722

Offline borjam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Mixpre 6 headphone preset issues
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:30:58 AM »
Really weird. When I am in the “edit Headphone presets” menu I am unable to deselect channels 5 or 6. I can select/deselect 1,2,3, or 4, but 5 and 6 (both left and right) will not clear for me. Does anyone else have this issue? Running latest firmware.

Yes, there is some bug with headphone preset edition. In my case I was unable to remove the LR stereo mix from the preset when the channel gain was in basic mode.

How is your jack input configured? Maybe as timecode? Try configuring it as an ordinary audio input I guess in that case you can't toggle those 5/6 inputs because they don't exist. Just a clue. I would contact them (I can email them a link to this thread) so that they are aware of it. I see they have some complicated side effects in the presets routing.

"Don't worry about the drums. I'm a percussionist, I can play on carton boxes" - Peer Wyboris

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:36:04 AM »
This is a known issue that SD said would be fixed in the next firmware.

Quote from: Sound Devices
This issue appears in Custom mode when setting Gain: Basic and Headphone: Advanced. If you use Basic mode or Advanced Mode you should not encounter this problem. Our team has been informed and will rectify this issue. Thanks.

Offline junkyardt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »
yes, i was having this issue too, but as stated above, it was only happening in custom mode. when i changed modes then i was able to edit HP presets as usual. however, recently i am having another weird issue, which is that one of my HP presets is playing as silent when i try to play back a file. for instance, the other night i recorded my mics to channels 1 and 2, and a SBD feed to channels 5 and 6, with channels 3 and 4 unused. i have the presets set up as

preset 1 -- channel 1 = L and 2 = R
preset 2 -- channel 3 = L and 4 = R
preset 3 -- channel 5 = L and 6 = R

when i went to listen to preset 1 (my mics), it played fine. but when i went to listen to preset 3, however (the SBD), i just heard silence. it did this with a previous recording as well. i suspect it's another bug SD needs to fix. not a huge deal, because the recording was there and i was able to listen to it just fine on my PC after transferring the files and splitting the polywaves, but it is a slight inconvenience had i wanted to check what the SBD source sounded like during the show.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com