Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Fabric over mics

(1/5) > >>

heathen:
Let's say, hypothetically speaking, someone wanted to have a pair of AT853 cards under a t-shirt.  Would it be necessary to have the windscreens on the caps to avoid picking up the sound of the t-shirt fabric rubbing against the caps?  Or would that possibly exacerbate the problem?  Assume this would be at an indoor show where wind isn't a factor.

Why someone would want to have microphones under some t-shirt material is beyond me...

bombdiggity:

--- Quote from: heathen on September 12, 2017, 11:15:33 PM ---Let's say, hypothetically speaking, someone wanted to have a pair of AT853 cards under a t-shirt.  Would it be necessary to have the windscreens on the caps to avoid picking up the sound of the t-shirt fabric rubbing against the caps?  Or would that possibly exacerbate the problem?  Assume this would be at an indoor show where wind isn't a factor.

Why someone would want to have microphones under some t-shirt material is beyond me...

--- End quote ---

It is advisable to have light windscreens on in that case to avoid any rubbing noises though that may not be necessary if one is careful and still. 

I use fabric over windscreens outside in high wind situations where the windscreens aren't enough and that works great.  Thin fabric is fine.  It doesn't have any discernable impact on the sound quality. 

Gordon:
the few times I did  >:D  I used church audio in the collar without screens and no noticeable noise from the fabric.

adrianb:
I have had good results from gaffer taping mics to my shoulder under a t-shirt.

Hypnocracy:

--- Quote from: adrianb on September 14, 2017, 05:05:35 AM ---I have had good results from gaffer taping mics to my shoulder under a t-shirt.

--- End quote ---

:coolguy:

Now I have to look up where I can find a place for "Waxing" on my back and shoulders...Or go around with hairless epaulets under my shirt...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version