Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SBD patching at Tim Reynolds. What do I need?  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Aaron41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Quack
SBD patching at Tim Reynolds. What do I need?
« on: February 15, 2006, 03:14:53 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm going to try to get a patch at Tim Reynolds next week for his solo acoustic show. What do I need? Does anybody know Tim's SBD setup? I've looked over the threads on cables but I was wondering if anybody knew what I would need specifically for Tim's board. Any help is great. Thanks.
"The pizza game has treated me well" - Evil Taper

Offline lordbelial

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Barcelona got tapers!
Re: SBD patching at Tim Reynolds. What do I need?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »
Actual Gear:

stealth  - AT943 (c,o,sc,h) > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Ultrastealth  - DPA 4061 > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Open - BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Segue Dogstars > Marantz PMD671 busman t-mod

Playback: PC > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > KRK RP6 actives

My shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tapemaniac
Member of  Busman Audio team

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »
Does he even allow SBD patches?

I taped him ~ 5yr ago and he did not.

Also, I doubt he travels with his own mixing console....I could be wrong though.

YMMV.

Offline Aaron41

• Quack
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »
Does he even allow SBD patches?

I taped him ~ 5yr ago and he did not.

Also, I doubt he travels with his own mixing console....I could be wrong though.

YMMV.

There are a ton of SBD patches up on Archive. Maybe it is a hit or miss thing.

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »
There are a ton of SBD patches up on Archive. Maybe it is a hit or miss thing.

Oh, ok...when I taped him, Tim's road manager was all up in my business making sure I was doing only what I was supposed to be doing...wanted my info...no way I was giving him my address and such. I did get his info and mailed him a copy. Probably not the same manager now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 06:24:25 PM by ashevillain »

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 04:32:29 PM »
when are you seeing him?

im catching him saturday in champaign illinois

hopefully il be able to get a sbd with my MT, because i dont have mics right now

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 05:03:56 PM »
Here's the lowdown

Depends on the mood of Fluffy, or Tim and management for SBD's.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I do video and sbd sometimes audio.  The manager is named fluffy and he's a real nice guy and easy to spot (tall kinda long black curly hair, at least it was in '03.  As for him, and carry a copy of the taping policy and he'll likely set you up.  If he asks for your address and number give it to him, i've gotten a call from him or tim afterwards thanking me for the show in the past when their recording system failed.  They aren't creeps they won't mug you.  They are both real nice guys. 

He does not travel with his own console so its whatever the club has.  The soundguy will also be the house soundguy, so if you know him that is your best bet in the patch.

Otherwise just do an AUD tape and it'll turn out great.  He usually plays nice small clubs.

Enjoy.

Edit, Tim's a real short dude too, so make sure you get a good seat  :P 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 05:12:18 PM by Sanjay »
mics & cameras

Offline Aaron41

• Quack
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 05:21:36 PM »
Here's the lowdown

Depends on the mood of Fluffy, or Tim and management for SBD's.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I do video and sbd sometimes audio.  The manager is named fluffy and he's a real nice guy and easy to spot (tall kinda long black curly hair, at least it was in '03.  As for him, and carry a copy of the taping policy and he'll likely set you up.  If he asks for your address and number give it to him, i've gotten a call from him or tim afterwards thanking me for the show in the past when their recording system failed.  They aren't creeps they won't mug you.  They are both real nice guys. 

He does not travel with his own console so its whatever the club has.  The soundguy will also be the house soundguy, so if you know him that is your best bet in the patch.

Otherwise just do an AUD tape and it'll turn out great.  He usually plays nice small clubs.

Enjoy.

Wow. That's for that info. Really helpful.

Do you happen to know if he runs a stereo mix? I might stack tape if I can't get a patch.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 05:33:05 PM »
Here's the lowdown

Enjoy.

Wow. That's for that info. Really helpful.

Do you happen to know if he runs a stereo mix? I might stack tape if I can't get a patch.

Like before it depends on the house system I think.  Probably not stereo since its not a ton of channels, but you never know.  Stack taping though is for dmb tapers  ;)  Seriously, wherever you are seeing him will probably have no more than 100 people, if that.  You should be able to set up in the sweet spot and get a nice recording. Stack taping is flat and has no real imaging, but its a necessary at DMB shows due to their management being bitches about stands in FOB center and the obnoxious crowd.  Here you really won't need it.  You may get a couple people yelling "where's dave" or "Timmmmmmyyy" or "play stream" but normally the crowd is respectful. 
mics & cameras

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »
anyone know or have seen jason webley

he's either opening or playing with tim here

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com