Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking for a small recorder without internal mics...  (Read 2720 times)

Offline avrilfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Looking for a small recorder without internal mics...
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »
Hey guys,
I came here on the forum once again after having some time off. This time I want to know if there is recorder without any internal mics, because I bought preamp and mics from Church Audio and they are awesome. Thank you once again, Chris! And also the recorder should be smaller, because I need smaller recorder than Zoom H2. Also H2 has a filesize limit 2GB... so Im looking for a recorder which records in uncompressed WAV atleast 44.1kHz, 16bit... on a microSD (not regular SD).
The reason I need smaller recorder is because I am planing to also video tape Avril in the future and I need small things. :)
Thanks in advance,
Tomaz
CA-11 Cards > CA-9100 Preamp > Zoom H2 :)

Thanks you Chris Church for your awesome gear.

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Looking for a small recorder without internal mics...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 01:23:02 PM »
Most recorders that we use here have the internal mics but most don't use them and opt for externals.  It's not microSD, but consider an Edirol R-09 or R-09HR.  Very small considering the shoebox sized recorders I use to use 15+ years ago.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
Consider a mini disc recorder since they do not have mics.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
M-Audio MicroTrack II
There's a used one for sale in the Retail Sales section
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline avrilfan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:15:49 PM »
Thank you all. M-Audio MicroTrack II looks like perfect thing for me... but only if it had microSD. CD recorder also wouldn't suit me. The main reason why I'm so silly is because I will go record a lot of Avril shows, like 10 - 20, next time she comes around. Im also buying new phone with a lot of build-in memory and it handles microSD cards. So i would copy show to my phone after recording it, in case I get busted sometime and I cant risk giving any card away, having other concerts on...
But its not a problem, Im not in a hurry, I think I'll just have to wait a little and stay tuned for recorders like this M-Audio MicroTrack II to really get what I want. Thanks once again.

Tomaz

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
The Microtrack uses CF cards, not CDs. But I prefer SDHC cards myself. You know you can get adapters so you could use your MicroSD cards in a standard SDHC slot? They are cheap and they work. Try getting an Edirol R-09HR and an adapter. It will work well with you Church Audio gear. Besides, SDHC cards are cheap and getting cheaper by the day.
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline avrilfan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
"You know you can get adapters so you could use your MicroSD cards in a standard SDHC slot"

I didnt think of this. Will give it a search on the google and see what I can buy. Thanks so much for this, really! In this case I could still hold on to my zoom h2.

Tomaz

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 07:23:43 PM »
FWIW - Korg MR-1 is going for $399 now.  It records 16/44 - 24/192 and SACD quailty DSD.   Has internal 20GB HDD
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 06:48:02 AM »
I would look at the Edirol 09-HR and the Olympus LS-10.

If you are going into the line-in the Olympus is great (but the mic-in has a slight bass roll-off).

Both are small and pocketable and you just ignore the internal mics.

Both do 24bit up to 92kHz - the Olympus has 2GB internal memory and an SDHC slot (I have an 8GB card in mine).

I hope this helps.

Offline cybergaloot

• Poohbah!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 11:48:41 AM »
"You know you can get adapters so you could use your MicroSD cards in a standard SDHC slot"

I didnt think of this. Will give it a search on the google and see what I can buy. Thanks so much for this, really! In this case I could still hold on to my zoom h2.

Tomaz

I've run CA-11>CA-9000>H2(line in) many times with good results. Certainly there is better gear but not for the bucks. I'm planning on picking up the CA-CAFS omni's and the CA-UGLY pre to take that rig as small as possible.

I got the CA-14 omni loaner test pair in the mail yesterday and will be running them with the CA-9000 and the H2 tonight for at least part of the show. I've tested Chris' loaner test pairs of the CA-14 cards and the CA-CAFS omni's using this rig with some great results. Chris makes some great gear. No, I don't get any kickbacks for speaking highly about his stuff!
--
Walter

this>that>the other

Offline avrilfan

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 04:46:16 PM »
Thanks for replies... I have another question... hmm  :-\ If you look at this webpage: http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/1404405/art/cablestar/headphone-female-2x-3-5mm.html
For that cable it says you can put 2 computers on one pair of speakers. Does it also work in the other way? Like having it plugged in preamp and leading it to audio-recorder and video-cam simultaneously? If such thing even exists? I think it does, but anyway, I'm just curious.  :laugh:
Tomaz
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:30:52 AM by avrilfan »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com