Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD661 not linking to PC  (Read 2817 times)

Offline auntmamie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Marantz PMD661 not linking to PC
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:12:48 AM »
Hi guys!  I've had a Marantz PMD661 since February of 2012 and I love it.  Today, however, I ran into a problem.  I'd just made a recording and I was gonna import it to Audacity and save it somewhere else but the recorder and my PC weren't talking to each other.  I'm blind but I had someone look at the screen on the recorder which simply said, "USB connecting."  So, obviously the recorder detected that something had been plugged in but there was never any response from my computer.  I thought, for that reason, that my computer could be the problem.  I unplugged the USB from the port it was in on the computer and tried it in every port it's got and still the same thing.  So, I tried Mom's laptop.  Same result.  Any ideas about what the problem might be and how to solve it?  I hope this thing's not toast 'cause I love it and I can't afford another one right now.  Thanks in advance.

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
Re: Marantz PMD661 not linking to PC
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 10:10:49 AM »
No idea but you can always just pop the SDHC card out of the recorder and use a card reader to get the files into your computer.

Many computers like mine have a card reader built in making this the preferred method to transfer files. If you don't have a card reader they are not expensive and should all accept SDHC cards today.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline 404 Not Found

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Marantz PMD661 not linking to PC
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »
What DigiGal said above, as you can get a deal on them with free shipping from B&H usually at an inexpensive cost.

I am curious to know as it was not noted, when the computer said "USB" connecting had you checked your drives by clicking on "My Computer" as to which it should have had a removable drive listed if it had communicated? 

I ask, as this was not noted & I have had the same notice of "USB Connecting", but that was all until I actually clicked on "My Computer" and then had to click on the "removable drive" listed.  I experienced into this when I was away from home and had to depend on others computers when I did not have my SD/MMC Reader Writer Converter drive with me.  You can get a simple USB reader like that or install a card reader.  Much easier BTW and faster transfers in most cases.

Good Luck!
Recorders: Alesis HD24XR | Marantz PMD661 (Oade Warm Mod) | Sound Devices 552 |Zoom F8 | Zoom H6
Pre-Amp/Mic Mixers/PS: Sound Devices 552 | Sound Devices MixPre-D | Shure FP33 | Audix APS911's | Audio Technica AT8501
Mics: Telefunken M60 FET MP/TK62's  | Miktek C5 MP's | Neumann  KM100/AK40's AK43's AK45's | Audix M1255B's | Audix M1280B's | Sennheiser K3-U/ME-20's 40's & 80's | Shure VP88
Stands-Poles: Manfrotto 3361 (8') | Manfrotto 1004BAC (13') | K-Tek KE79CC Traveler Boom Pole (1.8 - 6.7' )| K-Tek KEG150CCR Carbon fiber boom pole (12.6')

LMA: https://archive.org/bookmarks/Adam%20Axel

Team Philly!

***Team Telefunken***

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com