Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MT II problems  (Read 47519 times)

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
Re: MT II problems
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2008, 06:25:05 AM »
There is one firmware beta that came out 1.0.6

Doesn't say it addresses any other lockup issues, but may be worth trying.  It's here:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=904

Wow - that beta version was way back in April of this year - I wonder why they haven't moved on from there?

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
There is one firmware beta that came out 1.0.6

Doesn't say it addresses any other lockup issues, but may be worth trying.  It's here:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=904

Might solve the lockup problems after recording as the Release Notes mention pasted below. Maybe also during recording???

That's the question being asked.

My external powering experience is mostly with MT1 model.  Rarely did plugging in/out external power make any difference to what the deck was already doing, but on just a fewunrepeatable occasions the deck (as I remember) shut down even with a fully charged internal battery. 

Maybe MT2 also 'locks-up' in addition to sometimes shutting down?

Release Notes:
This readme covers MicroTrack II Firmware v1.0.6 BETA.

Several issues reported from the field have been fixed - THANK YOU to those who cooperated on uncovering these issues. Users should be aware that this is a BETA release and it is therefore possible that bugs may still be present in this release. Please continue to check back at the M-Audio website (www.m-audio.com) for upcoming firmware releases.

============================================================
Release Notes:

- Dialog box "Reading media" now displayed during initial power-on when inserted media containing large mp3 format files cause time delay in boot process.
- Dialog box "Reading media" now displayed if the unit is handling (ff, r/w, initial playback) large mp3 format files and a time delay is necessary before the requested operation is carried out.
- Record timeline fixed in s/pdif mode.
- DMA on/off** can be toggled within > System Menu > to accommodate cards that do not support DMA
- Updated German "About" Screen
- Made modification for improving the accuracy of marker placement.

============================================================

** Leaving the DMA setting at 'on' will yield proper results with most types of CF and Microdrive media. However, some media types may encounter issues and will benefit from changing the DMA setting. The DMA setting does not change the speed or quality of recordings, and only should need to be toggled if experiencing problems, such as unit lock-up after recording.

"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2008, 10:58:58 PM »
I opened a service request with M-Audio and they told me to upgrade to that beta update 1.0.6, or whatever it is. I'll try that and run a home test to see how it does. Probably not till this weekend though.
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »
I think someone pointed it out earlier, but does seem weird that the last firmware which is from several months ago is still at beta level. Shouldn't it have had enough testing time by now to move beyond beta?  Maybe the M-Audio folks aren't too concerned or involved at this stage.  Mine is working well enough to meet my needs, although I am not out taping nearly as often as I'd like. Perhaps in time I'll have different thoughts. I assume once the device is stable and all the bugs are out of the closet then there won't be any need for firmware updates.
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com