Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cable help  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
Cable help
« on: September 04, 2003, 04:14:08 PM »
I need to get a RCA Male / (2)RCA Male cable to conect my sony pcm-r300 to my computer and was wondering what suggestions anyone has for me.  Right now I just have a single male spdif cable connected to it.  Another question is am I suppose to be running analog out of the deck? ::) because that the only way im getting sound right now.
thanks
Kevin
481(3)>722

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re:Cable help
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 04:30:11 PM »
Ideally, you want to go digital out of your R300 into your computer...or else you're going D/A>A/D. If you've got S/PDIF out, you'll need a soundcard with S/PDIF in. If you don't have one, there's a bunch of good recommendations elsewhere in this forum. I personally use the Egosys U2A but there are cheaper bit-perfect options out there...

Edit: So to answer your original question, you probably want soundcard help, not cable help. :P What kind of soundcard are you running? If you're not getting a signal, but you do have S/PDIF in on your card, try fiddling with the clock/sampling settings...I'm sure someone here will be able to help if we know what kind of card you have. 8)

--Dave
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 04:34:50 PM by greenone »
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
Re:Cable help
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 11:20:28 AM »
+T for the help, it is a spdif, I played around with it last night and it works now I just need a 4-5ft cable.
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com