Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: B&K/Dpa 4021  (Read 6302 times)

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: B&K/Dpa 4021
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 05:27:54 PM »
So not a big improvement - I do luv the sound of my ho's even in a crappy room or not near dfc. I heard dpa has to be in the sweet spot to sound well. Might get a matched pair of mbho 603a. wide/sub cards that have an increased low end and bass response.. Plus new actives to run into Jon's ipa > pcm10 for stealth. So 2nd full rig plus a stealth rig in my budget range. Thanks that info was very helpful.
You can certainly find some comparison shopping on Archive. The DPAs lend a certain clarity and the word on the street is the capture exactly what's in the room and sometimes that's maybe not what you want. You probably know that B&K/DPA is the company that makes the test equipment that measures the performance of everyone else's mics, and it shows. HOs have a stunning low end if you want to make a seismic event on the home stereo, and the high highs can't be beat. I still don't know exactly what criteria I use to decide between them but I've been swinging back more often and liking what I hear. I know I don't like MBHO for the back of an echoey room, I want to be up close and personal but I'm leaning towards getting the hypers from yard sale for that purpose.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com