Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Acoustic Research The Table  (Read 10757 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Acoustic Research The Table
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2015, 09:29:29 PM »
The spikes are high polish chrome. Just put the base on today. Platter mat should be in by mid week and I may ad a drop counterweight. I might wait on the later until after I settle on a cartridge. The 7000 is a good temporary player but right now it is a limiting factor.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2015, 10:17:29 AM »
Just bought a Sumiko Blue Point #2 and will give that a spin when it arrives later this week. BTW, the birch veneer bottom will be coming off and an acrylic will bottom will replace it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:48:51 AM by raymonda »

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:09 PM »
I decided that I might as well run this table and cartridge through my Sutherland designed AcousTech Ph1 and man was I surprised! I didn't expect as much of a difference as the phono in the AI M3A but man was I wrong. The top end didn't change too much and was still a bit hashy, however, the lows and lower mid had some serious punch and drive and made this budget cartridge really boogie! I was thinking that I might need to change out the arm but now I found that the phono stage I was using was limiting this analog front end more than I would have thought.

Anyway, I am more excited than ever to get the Blue Point, new mat and acrylic bottom on and enjoy the end results. I've have got to go away for the weekend and won't get it finished until next week but i think it is going to be a very good Xmas.

After I am finished, I hope I can afford to keep this table for a while. At least for 6 months or so. Maybe I can get lucky and make that for 6 years and then give it to my son when he ages into a serious playback system.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:27:04 PM by raymonda »

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2015, 11:23:31 PM »
Blue point 2 arrived and mounted. Imy listening to it now. So far so good.....although reports indicate that suspension requires 50 hour to break in. Waiting for mat, bottom and may I get a drop counter weight,  too.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2015, 11:22:59 PM »
Placed the acrylic bottom and poly pully on it and spinning a few albums. This thing sounds damn nice. I've compared it to my reference and at this point it is very impressive. I could live with this and hope to, as long as I don't end needing the cash. The may should be in soon and after it arrives I post the final shots. I hold out on the final review until 50 hours have be reached on the cartridge.

Any locals that want to give this thing a listen is more than welcomed to stop by.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com